Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Australia - what to look out for and what can I return with ?.

I will be going to see my brother after 25 years, he is in Australia. I constantly hear how cheap things are in the states and generally outside RSA, regarding Australia, is there a savings opportunity regarding our kinda stuff fishing hunting etc, worth actually planning a splurge spend on, or will I find the savings not really worth the bulk spend ?. I have tried to do some research and have found that a box of 30 cal Hornady bullets will be R40 less that side than here, hardly worth the buy.
    I am told fishing tackle choices and brands are a delight to see, but considered costly items even in Australia ?.

Do any of the GS peoples have suggestions regarding what to look out for, that which we do not get here, and in general that "ah I should have bought a few" item.
    Secondly does any one have concrete knowledge regarding bringing in cases - bullets - dies etc, would hate to bring in a 1000 x 223 Roo Culling bullets only to have them confiscated.

Default Re: Australia - what to look out for and what can I return with ?.

Welcome back Dave.

An original oilskin thigh length jacket for those wet blustery hunting days. My size is XXXL if you have spare cash.
    One too many wasted sunsets and one too many for the road .........

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Wintec Pro Stock with CAIR in Black at 17" . Thank you very much ))
    live out your imagination , not your history.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    Wintec Pro Stock with CAIR in Black at 17" . Thank you very much ))
    wont fit in luggage and its a long ride on a pony

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Leigh View Post
    Welcome back Dave.

An original oilskin thigh length jacket for those wet blustery hunting days. My size is XXXL if you have spare cash.
    Thank you Andrew, yes some where some one cut me some slack, will try be more politically correct this time around.
    I am looking forward to doing the only regret I have in life - having not traveled. I have always heard in chats that " in ....what ever country ..... what ever thing discussed is so cheap and that they ......add what ever dream object in. Now that I am actually going over seas I am finding that things are pretty much about the same cost wise. I have made up a list of brass and bullet prices to take along and will do same for fishing braid lures etc, but i think its going to be more a case of buying what we do not get here than big savings. I see you only allowed 50 ml perfume and 1 lt alcohol - gees like they seem to really want to crush any little pleasure you could imagine.

Things aren’t cheap in Australia. Except maybe cars, they’re cheaper than in SA.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    Thank you Andrew, yes some where some one cut me some slack, will try be more politically correct this time around.
    I am looking forward to doing the only regret I have in life - having not traveled. I have always heard in chats that " in ....what ever country ..... what ever thing discussed is so cheap and that they ......add what ever dream object in. Now that I am actually going over seas I am finding that things are pretty much about the same cost wise. I have made up a list of brass and bullet prices to take along and will do same for fishing braid lures etc, but i think its going to be more a case of buying what we do not get here than big savings. I see you only allowed 50 ml perfume and 1 lt alcohol - gees like they seem to really want to crush any little pleasure you could imagine.
    You can take in 2.25l of alcohol through without paying customs duties, ie three 750ml bottles. Bring brandy if you drink it, liquor is crazy expensive in Aus.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    You can take in 2.25l of alcohol through without paying customs duties, ie three 750ml bottles. Bring brandy if you drink it, liquor is crazy expensive in Aus.
    Thank you - you say in, 2.25l good to know, I want to take my brother a Klipdrift and a Old Brown sherry with a 750 still open.
    I drink mainly beer, but if its prohibitive I will just not drink. I should have enough finance though to try the different unknowns from another world.

User

Welcome back Treeman. Try not to be too PC. Enjoyed your comments in the past.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Things aren’t cheap in Australia. Except maybe cars, they’re cheaper than in SA.
    yes it appears cars are cheaper and almost disposable (older stuff) - I am told there is a surprise V8 for me play with - good tires and I can break it. Kinda hoping I can partake in one or another of the Ausi Red Neck racing events. I wanted to try those crazy boats they race in the short circuit canals but I am told they horribly costly in every way and take more time than I will have too even learn the basics. Will see what little brother has organised for me. Skaaphaas - do you have knowledge on bring back into country, I would like to bring alcohol not available here and perfumes a few different bottles, but my internet info tells me I can bring about nothing back ?. What is duty free - can that be brought back in greater quantities?.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast