Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Australia - what to look out for and what can I return with ?.

Quote Originally Posted by FFourie View Post
    Welcome back Treeman. Try not to be too PC. Enjoyed your comments in the past.
    Thank you FF, I will try get the balance right, the mods need to "MODERATE", like a suppressor on a rifle, you can hear it but it does not have too damage your hearing. Me - I have to learn to say it with out harming the site's integrity - sarcasm is the fools wit and Treeman is often a twit..

Banned

Going over. Avoid organic material - fruit, veggies, wood etc. Anything that can transfer spores, bacteria, fungi etc. Leave any fruit given for consumption on the plane if not eaten. You fill in a form before landing and such items are listed. Golf shoes need to be cleaned of all material on the soles.

Coming back you can buy duty free items in prescribed or reasonable amounts. Remember that you can claim back GST or VAT paid for items when returning. Google to find out what their procedures are. That might mean that a bargain becomes a steal with the refund.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    I am looking forward to doing the only regret I have in life - having not traveled. I have always heard in chats that " in ....what ever country ..... what ever thing discussed is so cheap and that they ......add what ever dream object in. Now that I am actually going over seas I am finding that things are pretty much about the same cost wise. I have made up a list of brass and bullet prices to take along and will do same for fishing braid lures etc, but i think its going to be more a case of buying what we do not get here than big savings. I see you only allowed 50 ml perfume and 1 lt alcohol - gees like they seem to really want to crush any little pleasure you could imagine.
    One thing to remember when traveling: the folks down there have been living there for quite some time and have figured out what works. Please don't do like many other folks do: pay thousands of Rands to get there and then eat McDonalds because it is familiar. Then you could have stayed home and called your brother. Travelling is about experiencing the way other folks do things. Eat kangaroo, drink Aussie beer and enjoy it!

Welcome back Treeman. I have never been to Australia, so I can't help you with that. Having traveled to other countries, my advice would be this: Instead of buying stuff to bring back, spend the money there on doing stuff. Bring back memories, they do not take up any space in your luggage, don't cost you in excess weight or import tax and last forever.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TStone View Post
    Welcome back Treeman. I have never been to Australia, so I can't help you with that. Having traveled to other countries, my advice would be this: Instead of buying stuff to bring back, spend the money there on doing stuff. Bring back memories, they do not take up any space in your luggage, don't cost you in excess weight or import tax and last forever.
    To add: keep a diary or take many photos.

User

Welcome back Treeman. I hope you don't get kicked out of Oz prematurely..........behave

Treeman where exactly in Aus will you be?
    One too many wasted sunsets and one too many for the road .........

User

Welcome back Teeman. Are You going to be doing any hunting there? I believe feral pigs and other ferals are quite abundant there.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TStone View Post
    Being leaning towards this - as DsJ said and if returning with stuff let it be the unusual s and not known here items.
    I believe I will be hunting a Roo and have got free rein on a red deer or some deer they have there, they not really interested in it as meat because its so very very dry ?.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Quote Originally Posted by Kouros View Post
    Welcome back Teeman. Are You going to be doing any hunting there? I believe feral pigs and other ferals are quite abundant there.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Donkey and Camel amongst others
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast