Default Firearm Purchase

Afternoon,

So I'm not the most knowledgeable with such things, wondering if someone is willing to give some details?

I'm waiting for my competency applications to be approved, but I've found a FA for sale at our local store and I was wondering if I would be able to put money down for it now and put in my application once the competencies are approved? I know it would stay in dealer stock and so on.

Thank you!

Default Re: Firearm Purchase

Yes, if the dealer is willing to reserve the firearm with a deposit only. Usually they want the full amount otherwise what stops the dealer from selling it to somebody else and then you have the issue of getting your money back.

Banned

An honest dealer usually does not mind keeping the firearm until your license is ready. Folks have unfortunately been abusing their kindness, resulting in some dealers asking a storage fee after a certain amount of time.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    An honest dealer usually does not mind keeping the firearm until your license is ready. Folks have unfortunately been abusing their kindness, resulting in some dealers asking a storage fee after a certain amount of time.
    I’d subscribe to this. Just go to a dealers that’s known for their outstanding service and they’ll work with you. If not, they’ll charge a small monthly fee after like 6 months.

Which gun you want to get so desperately?