Default Merkel Helix Rx - bolt jamming

Since I purchased my Merkel Helix Rx it been jamming the bolt after firing and making it impossible to move the bolt back and extracting the cartridge. It does this frequently and is more sensitive to specific factory ammunition. This means that I then have to remove the barrel each time that this happens.
    The agents have been unable to see what the reason for this is. Anyone that can recommend a gun smith that knows something about straight pull actions.

User

Default Re: Merkel Helix Rx - bolt jamming

Best would be to make contact directly with Merkel

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Banned

How stout are the cartridges used - speeds achieved might give a good idea. Light or heavy bullets? You also did not mention the caliber.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Coenie Middel View Post
    Since I purchased my Merkel Helix Rx it been jamming the bolt after firing and making it impossible to move the bolt back and extracting the cartridge. It does this frequently and is more sensitive to specific factory ammunition. This means that I then have to remove the barrel each time that this happens.
    The agents have been unable to see what the reason for this is. Anyone that can recommend a gun smith that knows something about straight pull actions.
    Do you have any idea how old your gun is? This seems to have been an issue with the Helix about 5 years ago. The are a couple of very dissatisfied German Merkel Helix owners with this very same issue as far back as 2014. The consensus was that it was a design flaw.

User

I had the same issue when using S&B ammo on my 6.5x55 but not on any other ammo. I havent had any issues with my other barrels - 9.3x62, 308 or 270.

Quote Originally Posted by Herizon View Post
    I had the same issue when using S&B ammo on my 6.5x55 but not on any other ammo. I havent had any issues with my other barrels - 9.3x62, 308 or 270.

I did manage to solve this by using Sako ammo. Have not had a problem since.

What scope are you using for your multiple barrels?
    I have just purchased a 30.06 and already have a 6.5x55
    leipolt scope VX6