Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    User

Default Re: Rifle and Scope info required

Quote Originally Posted by Spudattack View Post
    This will be a Rifle someone has had custom built on a Brno VZ-24 action.
    The 97 has more than likely been stamped on by whoever built the rifle to be in line with the Brno tradition of stamping the date of manufacture there.
    This is definitely not a factory Brno as it is as the VZ action has not been produced for a very long time.

The tricky thing to find would be who built it? Have you stripped it and had a look under the action to see if anyone has put any builder’s or gunsmith marks there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi Spudattack. Have added another line to my post. Your comment on the proof mark?

User

This will be a Rifle someone has had custom built on a Brno VZ-24 action.
    The 97 has more than likely been stamped on by whoever built the rifle to be in line with the Brno tradition of stamping the date of manufacture there.
    This is definitely not a factory Brno as it is as the VZ action has not been produced for a very long time.

The tricky thing to find would be who built it? Have you stripped it and had a look under the action to see if anyone has put any builder’s or gunsmith marks there?

Morning Spud.

I have not touched this rifle in almost 10 years. All I have at the moment are the photos I have shared with you guys. When I get the license I will be able to more accurately describe everything I can see on the rifle. But I will make a note of your post to get more info as soon as she is in my possession.

Thank you for the insight.

User

Default Rifle and Scope info required

Quote Originally Posted by BBCT View Post
    Hi Spudattack. Have added another line to my post. Your comment on the proof mark?
    Yeah, tricky one

Just blown this up.

Looking carefully the one on the action is identical to my 3 Brno’s, the one on the barrel looks like it may have been copied as it is not identical and slightly “messier”

Don’t know though for sure, it is just impossible for a VZ action to have been made in 1997.

Trying to think of possibilities and the custom rifle seems the most plausible as the stock and iron sights are not classic Brno either.

It is a lovely rifle though!

User

Nice scope as well. What reticle does it have?

User

Default Rifle and Scope info required

To add further, my .375 is a 97, and if it was made in 97 it would be a CZ and not a Brno.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Nice scope as well. What reticle does it have?
    I unfortunately cannot answer that question yet. I will try to get back to you in about (hopefully) 3 months.

Unless someone else can identify the scope and give us the info before then.

User

Don’t know though for sure, it is just impossible for a VZ action to have been made in 1997.

Agreed 100%

Trying to think of possibilities and the custom rifle seems the most plausible as the stock and iron sights are not classic Brno either.

I can't comment on the stock & iron sights, but I've just researched the proof mark a bit.

Proof mark is actually a rampant lion, not a man as I originally thought. This is a Czechoslovakian proof mark which implies that the rifle was proofed there. The "N" means it is nitro proofed.

On this page: https://www.beschussamt-ulm.de/besch...x.php?lvl=2036 there is an item labelled "Tschechische Republik" (Czech republic) that is the best representation I've found.

Could the rifle have been built by a "custom" builder in Czechoslovakia (kind of like the German guild rifles that came out of the Suhl region) on a genuine original VZ24 action that had been in storage somewhere for 50+ years. Maybe he decided to stamp the 97 onto it as some sort of homage to CZ?

User

Quote Originally Posted by BBCT View Post
    Agreed 100%

I can't comment on the stock & iron sights, but I've just researched the proof mark a bit.

Proof mark is actually a rampant lion, not a man as I originally thought. This is a Czechoslovakian proof mark which implies that the rifle was proofed there. The "N" means it is nitro proofed.

On this page: https://www.beschussamt-ulm.de/besch...x.php?lvl=2036 there is an item labelled "Tschechische Republik" (Czech republic) that is the best representation I've found.

Could the rifle have been built by a "custom" builder in Czechoslovakia (kind of like the German guild rifles that came out of the Suhl region) on a genuine original VZ24 action that had been in storage somewhere for 50+ years. Maybe he decided to stamp the 97 onto it as some sort of homage to CZ?
    That is absolutely a possibility

User

An update.

Licence application was submitted on 14-05-2019

Licence was approved on 27-08-2019

Card ready for collection and collected on 19-09-2019

I'm picking up my rifle this weekend!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4