Default Beretta A400 Novator

I've seen these shotguns at Zimbi (https://zimbi.co.za/product/12-ga-be...-auto-novator/) and Tactical 22 but there seems to be little information on them and not even listed in the Beretta Catalog.

Anyone have any info on them?

• Is it a stripped down A400 Xplor Action 12 ga, or something else?
    • Was it made for a specific country?
    • How would it compare to the 1301.

Reason for asking is that I really like the wood finish but it is very hard to find out exactly what the Novator is and what it might be called in Europe and the USA.

User

Default Re: Beretta A400 Novator

It's an A400 Xplor but with a black receiver (only the color differs, same gun otherwise). Made for the Russian market as I understood it, but has gone to other markets since.

How it compares depends on what you want to use it for, it will need a LOT of cutting if you intend to quad load it. For practical shooting a 1301 makes more sense, for clays this is probably a good bet if you want to go semi.

User

A400 Novator comes with a 30" barrel compared to 24" on the 1301. The 1301 is fitted with an extended bolt release and charging lever.

The Nov is better for hunting doves for example and the 1301 is better for sport shooting

Appreciate the feedback!