Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Magazine extensions, +1, +2 or +3

Quote Originally Posted by William Immelman View Post
    Mostly jeans and t-shirt or occasional jeans and a button up shirt.

Consequences of being made, not that really a factor. Spend most of my time either in my own office or on the road.

Any changes if necessary to accommodate.

Support gear, yes if so required.

Can comfort no be address with a decent holster and belt setup??

I am just trying to establish why some would consider something like a glock17, Cz PO9, Beretta Apx etc to big to comfortably carry over the likes of say the Cz P07 or g19 when they are sort of all similar in size.

Or am I completely off with my assessment???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ive carried full size pistols. Its doable. But it becomes a ballache after a bit. Carrying any gun is a ballache. No matter what anyone tells you. Its a worthwhile one though.

So yes you can carry a G17, but it will be more of a mission than a 19. If you haven't carried before then its going to be more noticeable than you think.

The size difference is noticeable in comfort and concealment. If I put a +2 shoe on my 19 it does become that little bit harder to conceal. Ditto the 17

Bear in mind as well that some people idea of concealment is a joke.

In short , outside an NPE you can carry a service pistol everyday. But the likelihood of you not carrying everyday increases every time you size up.There is a reason that G19 sized handguns are generally recommended as a starting point.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Keepleft View Post
    Acceptable? Dude, there's no rule here. What works for you? What might work for a 2m 150kg guy might not work for a 1.5m 50kg guy.
    There are other factors to consider too, like clothing, where you carry etc.
    It's very much personal preference. You cant ask guys to dictate your preference. Figure out what works for you.

Sent from my FIG-LA1 using Tapatalk
    Well thank you for your input I appreciate it.

I do not expect anyone to dictate my preferences for me. I am just curious as to how people are guided in making there purchases.

For instance if a first time gun buyer walks in to your shop and asks you for your recommendations about what he should look for in a sd or ccw.

Why are dealers more inclined to recommend the likes of g19 and Cz P07 as the go to weapons and not for instance a cz PO9 or Beretta APX in my case.(I have purchased this for myself)

Just curious...

User

Why are dealers more inclined to recommend the likes of g19 and Cz P07 as the go to weapons and not for instance a cz PO9 or Beretta APX in my case.(I have purchased this for myself)

Because most of the clever ones have worked out what people are more likely to carry, even occasionally.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Ive carried full size pistols. Its doable. But it becomes a ballache after a bit. Carrying any gun is a ballache. No matter what anyone tells you. Its a worthwhile one though.

So yes you can carry a G17, but it will be more of a mission than a 19. If you haven't carried before then its going to be more noticeable than you think.

The size difference is noticeable in comfort and concealment. If I put a +2 shoe on my 19 it does become that little bit harder to conceal. Ditto the 17

Bear in mind as well that some people idea of concealment is a joke.

In short , outside an NPE you can carry a service pistol everyday. But the likelihood of you not carrying everyday increases every time you size up.There is a reason that G19 sized handguns are generally recommended as a starting point.
    That makes a lot of sense, I am with you on this.

Thanks for your input, it’s highly appreciated.

By the way when are you offering you next shooting course??

User

Well thank you for your input I appreciate it.

I do not expect anyone to dictate my preferences for me. I am just curious as to how people are guided in making there purchases.

For instance if a first time gun buyer walks in to your shop and asks you for your recommendations about what he should look for in a sd or ccw.

Just curious...

Balance. Trading off one feature for another. Size vs capacity.
    Everyone has different needs or requirements. Also, these change. I got a compact, and the described ballache is real. So a subcompact backup is an option for me. Other guys have backups of the same model. There's pros and cons to all these options.
    You need to decide which is more important for you.

Sent from my FIG-LA1 using Tapatalk

User

It's also more involved than just the gun, the availability of holsters, accesories and spares are a big consideration.
    No idea who the importers are for Beretta, so can't comment what after sales support will be like.

Are you doubting your choice?

User

No not at all, I’m actually exceptionally happy with my choice. The gun shoots great and it’s a good quality firearm.

According to my dealer spares are not a problem to acquire. At this point I have no reason to believe that it will be a problem.

But only time will tell.

I opted for a Daniels iwb kydex holster and I am looking to get a decent edc belt soon.

So I’ll take it from there and adjust and tweak as needed.

User

Start building up a supply of service parts....

User

I will definitely do so.

User

Carry appendix and you'll have no trouble concealing a full size grip.

I carry a G19. Granted I do carry with the flush magazine but I have concealed with a 17+2 magazine as well so I'm fairly sure I could conceal a G17.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast