Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

That's great to know! I picked up my .22 rifle yesterday, and have a Lynx 2-7x32 that I found in my Gramps study.

Is there a way to check what the parallax is set to?

User

Default Re: Rimfire specific scopes?

Quote Originally Posted by Antlion View Post
    Looking at scopes for a .22lr bolt action. I see there are Rimfire specific versions available. How is it different to a regular scope? An example is the Leupold VX freedom range, they have got a standard 3-9x40 as well as a rimfire version. Does it make a difference?
    You may want to look at the VX Freedom EFR 3x9. It has an external parralex adjustment that goes down to 10 yards/meters. I have one on a CZ 452 American 16” with factory threading and it’s great on small game.

User

I have a VX freedom rimfire in my 22lr and I am very happy!!! Can recommend the scope any dy. Just make sure it is the rimfire!

User

+1 on the Nikon target efr. I have one on my cz 455 and the parralax can come down to 10m, the glass is very clear, no problems with tracking etc. I can definitely recommend them.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    DJVier has a Nikon Target EFR for sale on here...
    Thanks for the reference. It's still available. :-)

Banned

When target shooting at 50m the 4-12 scopes battle to see bullet holes. I have a Nikko 5-20x50 on my 22 and with that you can clearly see shots at 50m.

The application that the scope is being used for will determine magnification.

User

I bought a Hawke Vantage IR 3-9x40 with .22 subsonic BDC reticle and never looked back.
    The scopes are cheap and the glass is clear.
    Check them out before you buy.
    I think Suburban Guns are the agents.

Banned

Futurama have an extensive range of Hawke scopes.

User

Regarding parallax, if the distance is set at 50m, what happens on longer shots, how is it affected?

Quote Originally Posted by Antlion View Post
    Regarding parallax, if the distance is set at 50m, what happens on longer shots, how is it affected?
    There is a region of parallax error, there’s a few of the combos and just how bad the parallax is on rimfire central forum, just search for them.
    My reccomendation, bite the bullet and buy a leupold Vx freedom rim fire. 25 moa reticle, excellent glass, can’t go wrong. R4000 for a rimfire scope? You going to pass this rifle to your kids some day and chances are the leupold scope will still be on. I have used the subsonic specific Hawke, it now sells for R2700 , was happy with it but the reticle is specific to the load so I prefer a general MOA style reticle compared to a specific one for a specific load.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2