Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned

Post Section 16 shotgun motivation input

Hi Please comment on my motivation ,i would like to keep it as short as possible. Anything i have omitted here ?

MOTIVATION FOR A NEW FIREARM LICENSES IN TERMS OF THE FIREARMS CONTROL ACT 2000 (ACT NO 60 OF 2000)

Name: D Identity number: 82

Shotgun

Shotgun: 12 GA pump Make: Winchester Serial number: L23

1. PERSONAL INFORMATION

I the undersigned,

Name: D
    Identity number: 82

Motivate my application for a new firearm license as follows:

I am a South African citizen and reside at 2 C Street, D, Pretoria , I am self-employed.

Attached find a copy of documents:

1. TYPE OF APPLICATION

I hereby apply for a firearm license under the following Section’s of the Firearms Control Act 2000 (Act No 60 of 2000).

• Section 16, Licence to possess a firearm for dedicated sport-shooting.

1. STATUTORY REQUIREMENTS

Proficiency certificate

I have completed my prescribed training as required by Section 9 (q) and has successfully completed the prescribed testing on the knowledge of the firearms control act as prescribed training as stipulated in paragraph 3.1 was completed at LYTTELTON FIREARM TRAINING CENTRE a SASSETA and SAPS accredited training provider, attached find copy of training certificates and Competency Certificate. As per number K5 issued on 2011-11-21.

Dedicated sport shooting status

I am a paid-up member of the National Hunting and Shooting Association and have obtained dedicated sport shooting status.

1. SAFES AND SAFE CUSTODY

I am in possession of a prescribed SABS safe as stipulated in regulation 86 of the Firearms Control Act 2000 (Act No 60 of 2000) and this safe is bolted down with Roll bolts to the wall. It is a Rifle Safe.

1. APPLICANTS BACKGROUND

As a young boy, I used to shoot with my pellet gun on my grandfathers’ farm, shooting birds and snakes. I am applying for a firearm licence for dedicated hunting and /or sport shooting.

I’m well-known in D. I did receive training on how to use a shotgun and I also did my competency training at Lyttelton firearm training centre. I am currently competent to own a shotgun and have a licensed 12 ga single shot shotgun for occasional hunting and I know how to use it responsibly and safely.

This Winchester shotgun is a pump action and is suitable to participate in sport shooting events such as IDPA matches, the shotgun used for occasional hunting is not suitable for this purpose based on the sporting rules.

I have extensive knowledge regarding the following aspects: Safe and efficient handling of a firearm during a shoot, permits, ordinances and proclamations, safe custody and
    Transporting of firearms, firearm and ammunition control and sport shooting practice.

1. CRIMINAL RECORD

I have no criminal record against my name and have not been found guilty of any offences that can declare me unfit to possess a firearm as stipulated in Section 9 of the Firearms Control Act 2000 (Act No 60 of 2000).

7. NEW FIREARM LICENCE

I want to apply for the following firearm licence:

Shotgun: 12 GA pump Make: Winchester Serial number: L23

(Section 16: Licence to possess a firearm for dedicated sport shooting.)

1. NEW APPLICATION

Shotgun for dedicated sport shooting

Shotgun: Pump action
    Make: Winchester
    Calibre: 12 GA
    Serial number: L23

The law determines in section 16 of the Firearms Control Act 2000 (Act No 60 of 2000) that the Registrar may issue in terms of this section to any natural person who is a Dedicated hunter or dedicated sports person a licence if the application is accompanied by a sworn statement or solemn declaration from the chairperson of an accredited sport shooting association, or someone delegated in writing, stating that the applicant is a registered member to said organisation .

Attached find a letter of endorsement from the NHSA as well as proof of membership.

The main purpose of this .12 GA pump action shotgun is for target shooting and participation in IDPA or similar shooting sports. When approved I will start to participate in such sport shooting events as well as other practical shooting events that the shotgun is allowed in.

The shotgun is light and easy to handle, ammunition is relatively cheap and the firearm is very accurate.

This type of a shotgun is suited for practical shooting as it has the ability to shoot faster and the practical shooting is a timed shooting sport, it also affords me the opportunity to join a shooting club which shoots their firearms more often and in turn improve my shotgun handling skills and shooting techniques. This will make me a more proficient shooter because of the extra shooting practice.

This, in turn, would enable me to shoot better scores and advance my sport shooting aspirations

GENERAL

It is my intention to comply with the Firearms Control Act No 60 of 2000 and all that is said in my motivation is true and correct at the time of the compilation of this document. I respectfully request that the firearm licence mentioned in this document will be issued to me.

I am willing to put forward any of my family, friends or work colleagues to offer testimonials w.r.t my character and my mental state. Please contact me if any further information is required in this application.

Your consideration in my application is greatly appreciated.

Regards

_____________________ ______________
    Mr. D Date

User

Default Re: Section 16 shotgun motivation input

Snake, my personal feeling is to your sequence is wrong. Place the reason for the shotgun early in the application and not at the end.

I got bored reading it and I am just a soldier not even a SAP. If you want to hide something from a soldier write it on page 3 and I have the suspicion that with the SAP it might be the same.

Get the info that is important first and the tjommel last.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

User

Please remove this or else the new refusal reasons will start "You did not prove your mental state".
    You are already have a competency.
    I am willing to put forward any of my family, friends or work colleagues to offer testimonials w.r.t my character and my mental state.
    You may also want to consolidate some of the information to make it clearer.
    Like, you have a heading for DSS, but then reference your certificate under new application.

I would also be more specific on the intended usage for the gun.
    You have basically said you want to shoot IDPA and anything that comes along. Pick one discipline and be specific about rules and the firearms suitability for that division.

Hope it helps.

I agree don't forget to include a picture of the firearm and an explanation of its features which would make it suitable for sport shooting and finally don't forget to sign the motivation

Sent from my CAG-L02 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by artisanserg View Post
    ..... don't forget to include a picture of the firearm.....

Sent from my CAG-L02 using Tapatalk
    Why?. Not one of my numerous applications have had a photo included.
    Especially not my type 84 application.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

What sometimes help is to specifically mention that no other firearm you currently have licensed can be used for the purpose intended for the firearm in this application. The question a reasonable person will ask when deciding to grant a license is: "Why do a person need this firearm." The answer should be clear: "Because no other firearm he has can do the job of this one."

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

And don't motivate your competency in general again. You have a competency certificate. I normally just state: " I do have a competency certificate as issued by SAPS. Therefore it can be accepted that I know all the rules and laws regarding safekeeping and usage of a firearm."

But in general, you are doing a perfect job by trying to keep it short. If every applicant did this from the start of this motivation process and kept it like that I believe a lot of problems would have been prevented.

User

You attach an NHSA endorsement with zero reference to where it will be used for NHSA?

If you want to use it for IDPA you should have IDPA endorsement.

Banned

My one-

This letter serves to motivate the use of firearm Glock ** ; 9x9mm parabellum serial number ****** for the purposes of dedicated sport shooting.
    I have recently completed the requirement for dedicated sport shooting and have purchases the above mentioned firearm to be used for this purpose. I will be taking part in the provincial standard gun division and this firearm is suited to take part in this division. This Glock pistol will be licensed dedicated sport-shooting and will be used to compete actively in the various defensive pistol club and league competitions.
    The reason I chose this particular pistol is because it is a standard gun type pistol that can withstand the rigors of competition shooting and has added benefits for competition shooting, for example a grip that can accommodate various hand requirements, extra grip/fast draw and the Trijicon sights specific to defensive sport shooting due to easy sight alignment under pressure.
    The rigors of competition shooting will definitely negatively affect the effective functioning of my current self defense pistol, as it will not withstand the continuous strain of competition shooting and replacement parts are not available for this old firearm as they are no longer in production.
    This high level of wear and tear will negatively impact the reliability of my Self Defense pistol, which could be detrimental to the protection of my family in time of need and crisis.
    Except for the above mentioned reasons, my current Self Defense pistol is a Luger M80 9x19mm, which is a handgun designed for self defense and carry purposes and not competition shooting. The overall design of the is not suited for competition shooting, as the old military sights design hampers longer range accuracy in the competition environment.
    The Glock ** is a cost effective, easy to maintain, reliable pistol that is well suited for IPSC competition shooting.
    I am competent, honest and reasonable. I am a firearm owner that knows and understands the onerous responsibility that owning a firearm places upon a citizen and accept it. I believe that I am more than capable of bearing this responsibility and therefore request that I be granted a license for the above mentioned pistol.
    I trust that I have provided enough information and that this application will be considered favorably.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by flyinggun View Post
    Snake, my personal feeling is to your sequence is wrong. Place the reason for the shotgun early in the application and not at the end.

I got bored reading it and I am just a soldier not even a SAP. If you want to hide something from a soldier write it on page 3 and I have the suspicion that with the SAP it might be the same.

Get the info that is important first and the tjommel last.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk
    Good point thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast