Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Remington 783 vs Howa 1500

Ok, the Remington is the 783 Heavy Barrel 24 " Currently on special for R9k.Howa Bull barrel with Hogue stock for about the same Moola. Caliber is 308 Win.

Application: Gong shoots and Punching paper.

I have some experience with the Howa 1500 in standard configuration. I have shot witha lady friend's 308 many times. It is extremely accurate.

Which one of these two will be the "Better" choice for my intended application ?

I am aware of the differences such as the Remington has a threaded barrel and the Howa takes one more round and there are more after market accessories. And honestly they are not a deciding factor in this regard. I want an accurate firearm that performs well shot after shot.

Regards

KZ

User

Default Re: Remington 783 vs Howa 1500

From talking to guys "in the know"... Rem700>Howa>Rem783

me on the other hand, I'd take Howa over either of the Rems, I don't own a Rem but I have nothing to complain about with the Howa, nor have I wished something different of it.

Thank you for the reply C Yes I must admit that I'm a big fan (dare I say wannabe ambassador) of Howa rifles. The Rem is really good priced, and I like the rail. I'm not a big fan of the Synthetic stocks. And if I decide to go Howa, I will opt for the Laminated/Varminter stock. The stock on the Rem is much better "feeling" for me compared to the Hogue on the Howa.

Banned

I also do not know the Remington, as a matter of fact I seriously doubt I have ever shot one and do not know any one who owns one. That in itself may say something. The Howa, well I always said I will never own one of them modern day personality lacking history deprived slant eye made pieces of economy induced cut budget mass produced in the real sense rifles. The best tool for surgery is a scalpel which is everything stated above and not a custom made piece of art Bowie. I hated the idea of the Howa as a insult to rifles and their beauty, history. Worked on a few and other than the plastic stock, I could really find no indication of budget or corner cutting at all - I can not say same about my favorite brand - Ruger-----and the All American. In regard to question - other than plastic stock I have yet to meet a bad Howa or even a factory fault on a Howa, they are really really good - look at price?, they astounding. So, no advice, but some past experience - for what its worth.

Thank you so much for your valuable input T-man And I love your description

Howa all the way bud, I own a couple and they shoot straight and true, every time.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    I also do not know the Remington, as a matter of fact I seriously doubt I have ever shot one and do not know any one who owns one. That in itself may say something. The Howa, well I always said I will never own one of them modern day personality lacking history deprived slant eye made pieces of economy induced cut budget mass produced in the real sense rifles. The best tool for surgery is a scalpel which is everything stated above and not a custom made piece of art Bowie. I hated the idea of the Howa as a insult to rifles and their beauty, history. Worked on a few and other than the plastic stock, I could really find no indication of budget or corner cutting at all - I can not say same about my favorite brand - Ruger-----and the All American. In regard to question - other than plastic stock I have yet to meet a bad Howa or even a factory fault on a Howa, they are really really good - look at price?, they astounding. So, no advice, but some past experience - for what its worth.
    Ahh yes, welcome back Treeman

User

Really hard to go wrong with a Howa. Having seen the finish(action not stock) on some of the Remington 700 SPS models , I am not entirely convinced I would buy the " budget " line of Remington rifles.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by golof View Post
    Ahh yes, welcome back Treeman
    Thanks golof - quickly before ???

Banned

something else came up short while back, believe it or not - I have shot 4.70 mm out the throat of my .270 Ruger in Stainless, will need to have barrel set back this year. This realization got me thinking, with the amount of Howa rifles being bought in this country, are we not about to soon start seeing shot out rifles becoming available as actions for sale - would be nice to have some surplus second hand actions floating around - the Howa actions would do very well indeed

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast