Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default In Ear Hearing Protection

So I have recently been thinking it might be worth it to invest in some in ear hearing protection, and I was wondering if some of you guys would have some specific recommendations for me?

User

Default Re: In Ear Hearing Protection

I did my vac work at PMP many moons ago and the ammo testers where all stone deaf. None, fired a shot without in ear protection. Muffs give better protection if you shoot allot.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Koekie Monster View Post
    I did my vac work at PMP many moons ago and the ammo testers where all stone deaf. None, fired a shot without in ear protection. Muffs give better protection if you shoot allot.
    +1 to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

seems 'censpro' is most prevalent in ear protection for sports shooting when you google the subject.
    anybody got feedback on their product ?
    tx

Banned

Ask Pietskiet, he's only using in ear protection

User

Quote Originally Posted by McD2304 View Post
    seems 'censpro' is most prevalent in ear protection for sports shooting when you google the subject.
    anybody got feedback on their product ?
    tx
    I hope their/his (Sean) service improved. I have a set of Cens analogue models and a set of Peltor LEP all laying in a drawer somewhere. I am past wearing electronic ear protection, it is too late in my life for that, that is why I gave my set of MSA Sordins Supreme's with gel pads to my son to wear. I now wear Peltor Bulls eyes with gel pads and double plug when shooting rifle, especially playing RO in a rifle match. My suggestion is get MSA Sordins with gel pads and double plug or otherwise electronic inner ears combined with passive muffs with gel pads. "you are going to miss them when they are gone"

User

I've been using custom moulded in-ear protection for the last couple of months. It is worth every cent. They are way more comfortable than the Surefire ear plugs.

I still use passive ear muffs, because I shoot indoors 99% of the time. The only shitty thing is that I can't hear anything on the range. I reckon a good solution will be to get MSA Sordins.

The CENS are really nice, but way out of my price range.
    Last edited by Socrates; 16-05-2019 at 16:23. Reason: I don't write English so good anymore

I don't bother with in ear anymore either, and i have a set of the cens. I'm running Peltor Sportacs with gel cups. When they go, I'll replace with the same.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

User

Hi
    I recently lost the hearing in my one ear due to a virus, it was a life altering experience and was a wake up call to me. Luckily i got my hearing back and immediately went to the ear institute, they mould in ear plugs and can offer a number of solutions, I went for the ones with amps in them so that I can hear normally but they cut gun shots off. Expensive but really worth it nand your hearing is worth a lot to protect. What I found before the in ear plugs was that you would want to chat and as you lift your muffs , some bloke pulls off a shot, it is those instances that damage your hearing. Now with in ear plugs that no longer happens.

User

I have a set of passive VariPhone in ear plugs. They are molded to your ears and do a fantastic job whilst being very comfortable. Quite expensive but worth it over conventional one size fits all plugs.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast