Do you have a link?
    Googlefu is weak on a Tuesday
    super-ears.co.za
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Default Re: In Ear Hearing Protection

Quote Originally Posted by armandvdwalt View Post
    I ended up basically buying some of these at my local Audiologist, they took molds, I chose a filter, the Yellow one I think, a week later I had them.

I took then with my normal ear pro to the SADPA Northern Nationals, it was a dream to use them and leave the normal muffs in the range bag for the whole match. I have been using them exclusively since then, and take the muffs with me just as a back up. I think it would be great to have electronics, but at the cost of decent electronics I don't think it is worth it. So I would definitely recommend these.
    So just to get 100% clarity did you get passive in ear protection or is it electronic with a filter. Can you hear normal speech clearly?
    Was it at your local ear institute or just a Audiologist ?

User

Default Re: In Ear Hearing Protection

Quote Originally Posted by Branden88 View Post
    So just to get 100% clarity did you get passive in ear protection or is it electronic with a filter. Can you hear normal speech clearly?
    Was it at your local ear institute or just a Audiologist ?
    Normal passives.
    Was with my local Audiologist.
    I can hear normal speech, but I won't say I hear it clearly like you would with electronics, imagine passive ear muffs but way more comfortable. So I can hear, but I would hear much much better with electronics, my finace also got a set after I got mine, she has a stronger filter in and can hear even less than me. It will also depend on the quality of your hearing without. The Audiologist did hearing tests with and without so I could see on the graph what the impact was.

I also just had a chat with the guy Paul spoke about from super-ears.co.za and their product does look super awesome.

I originally got the passives because I wasn't sure how comfortable they will be, so didn't want to waste 10k odd on something I'm not going to use if uncomfortable, after the NN I am sold on moulded in ear as an alternative to ear muffs for outdoor ranges. So I will be upgrading to electronics once I have some funds available.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5