Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Default Re: When bulls***t becomes law.

I agree that the motivation game is a big bucket of horse kak, but I have always managed to convince them myself except for mt second time getting a section 13 handgun (first S13 gun broke beyond repair)
    I recently applied successfully for my first S16 Handgun, Glock 34 and I own a G19 for S13.

I basically said in my letter that the G34 has a longer barrel and that I struggle to hit the targets with my G19, but the G19 is a great gun for SD due to its compact design, and they bought it, it was a one page motivation, and I couldn't believe that they accepted it....

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    I agree that the motivation game is a big bucket of horse kak, but I have always managed to convince them myself except for mt second time getting a section 13 handgun (first S13 gun broke beyond repair)
    I recently applied successfully for my first S16 Handgun, Glock 34 and I own a G19 for S13.

I basically said in my letter that the G34 has a longer barrel and that I struggle to hit the targets with my G19, but the G19 is a great gun for SD due to its compact design, and they bought it, it was a one page motivation, and I couldn't believe that they accepted it....
    I wonder if they ever read the attached pages. Friend of mine's dad applied for his S13 license. He just filled in the motivation slot on the application: "for self defense". No extra documentation, endorsements, crime stats etc etc. and he got his license.

User

Me too.
    My last aproved sec 13 licence was 3 lines.
    My new section 16 is in with a 5 line motivation as well, I need for new CO division in IDPA, I am a DSS my other pistols won't work as they can't take optics.

I sometimes think my licensees get approved just because they don't have to waste time reading a bunch of added nonsense.
    The FCA requires certain things I supply those I won't add pages of stats and rules and division this.... just for the sake of adding pages.
    Quote Originally Posted by ravingDIODE View Post
    I wonder if they ever read the attached pages. Friend of mine's dad applied for his S13 license. He just filled in the motivation slot on the application: "for self defense". No extra documentation, endorsements, crime stats etc etc. and he got his license.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by ravingDIODE View Post
    This is very interesting indeed! Do we have a dedicated thread on the forum here to discuss this judgement? Does GOSA know about this judgement?
    Yes.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

What bothers me is there are a lot of people out there (no doubt on this forum too) that actually think that if you write a good motivation that you are guaranteed a license. I have used the exact same motivation several times for the same gun model for the exact same purpose (that I since replaced twice). The first license was granted, then rejected twice, then granted again with the last application. This on dedicated status etc, solid motivation etc. They rejected the license because I apparently "had other guns for the purpose" - which I did not - simple technical reasons were given. Nothing changed to get the license accepted, just timing.

Appeal instead of applying for a new license - no guarantee the license won't simply be rejected again.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Johann du Toit View Post
    I don't know. Government entities who abuse their authority tend to have an IDGAF (I Don't Give A F***) attitude when they are penalized in the courts. They don't care about punitive cost orders because they think the taxpayers will simply fork the bill.

As an example, as a lawyer I have lost count on how many times I have sued Emfuleni Local Municipality for their various transgressions (violations of labour law, their employees driving recklessly and causing car accidents, etc). Emfuleni is bankrupt because of this and poor management, and they simply plod forth on the same course as if nothing has happened.
    thats why we need to start take individuals pensions away
    no brains, no pension
    bastards need to feel it

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    I hate it when I get angry like this and there is no person to walk up to. Hi ...... I see Darwin overlooked you, but not to worry we will just all do our best, let me help you here now, this here written words each have a meaning - shall we read it together / - I will help you with the bigger words. I am so pissed..................
    I could not stop laughing. That is a classic turn of phrase and I look forward to more of your witty comments. Have patience and persevere. It is pointless trying to apply reason and logic to some CFR decisions.
    Sterkte treeman

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3