User

Default Thank God for the thin blue line and their sustained efforts of fighting crime...

Second ammunition stash found at Cape Town dumping site

in News by Aron Hyman

[https://lh3-googleusercontent-com]

Hollow-point bullets are used to maximise damage to soft tissue. This is the second time Cape Town metro police have found bullets at the Muizenberg landfill site.
    Image: City of Cape Town

Cape Town metro police found a second stash of ammunition discarded at one of the city's main dumping sites.
    Law enforcement officers found 75 hollow-point bullet heads in a box inside a plastic bag at the Coastal Park landfill site in Muizenberg on Thursday.
    The bullets were found alongside two rounds of .38 special ammunition and seven rounds of 9mm bullet heads.

[https://lh3-googleusercontent-com]

A robber left his gun on the floor after robbing a woman in Eerste River.
    Image: City of Cape Town

"This is the second time officers have found ammunition at the dumpsite. A few months ago, 27 rounds of .357 hollow points were found," said law enforcement spokesperson Wayne Dyason.
    "These rounds when fired are highly destructive to the human body, and it is a concern that ammunition is being disposed of at a public landfill site."

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Thank God for the thin blue line and their sustained efforts of fighting crime...

Should we create an anonymous drop box for them down there then we can give the ammo a good home?

Default Re: Thank God for the thin blue line and their sustained efforts of fighting crime...

Much like the UK sharp blades and a spoon scary in criminal hands handed in to police.
    FFS these media crap and journalistic inventive stashes etc makes me wanna puke at least daily.

User

Ive got about 3000 bullets heads, 1500 primers and at least 5000 9mm brass downstairs right now.
    Can you imagine the article on finding that!

Banned

A stash is something hidden away to be picked up later. Or not?

Who stashes anything at a public dumping site?

These cartridges were discarded. Most probably by folks not knowing what to do with them i.e: a widow whose husband had a firearm. A criminal would not dispose of ammunition.

User

Quote Originally Posted by McD2304 View Post
    Ive got about 3000 bullets heads, 1500 primers and at least 5000 9mm brass downstairs right now.
    "Scottish immigrant supplies entire SANDF from his basement. "

:-)

User

Quote Originally Posted by McD2304 View Post
    Another “AMMO FACTORY!!!!!!!!” headline coming right up...

User

I've also got a fair few thousand rounds of ammunition in various calibres, ready for a next club shoot or league match.

But only one head.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Sicario View Post

But only one head.
    Every self respecting man has 2 :-)

User

I prefer to think of the other as my cranium, but live in fear that that term might find it's way into the munition lingo also...