Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PCC options

User

Default Re: PCC options

Quote Originally Posted by phant1m View Post
    i did think of a POF MP5 but yeah havent seen any of those for sale in a looooooong time.

Anyones experience with the saiga 9? Good? Bad?
    I could put you in touch with someone if you're serious about a POF (read: not kicking tyres). It probably won't be cheap.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba View Post
    https://www.ssusa.org/articles/2018/...tion-shooting/

Of those guns, Hailstorm
    1)will order you a JP or Wilson Combat as a special order. 2 Wilsons are already shooting in IPSC PCC matches in CT and Pta.
    2)has CMMG on order - eta 3 months.
    3)has Sig MPX in stock.

Hailstorm also has stock of the Ruger PC9 which is a decent budget gun that will accept your Glock or M&P mags.
    What is the costing on the Glock mag based version of the PC9?
    I may know some people interested

Odd that we don't seen to see Colt 9mm AR anymore.Given some commonality of parts this makes sense especially if you already have an AR.

User

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    Odd that we don't seen to see Colt 9mm AR anymore.Given some commonality of parts this makes sense especially if you already have an AR.
    I shoot a Colt 9mm AR. its the 6951. Its a great gun and has been absolutely reliable. They seem to be quite scarce though. I have only seen 1 other out in the wild.

User

Quote Originally Posted by KillerD View Post
    I shoot a Colt 9mm AR. its the 6951. Its a great gun and has been absolutely reliable. They seem to be quite scarce though. I have only seen 1 other out in the wild.
    I have seen 2, shortlisted one for my missus (cause feeding a 223 at her rate of fire would bankrupt me)

User

Quote Originally Posted by Speed_Freak View Post
    I have seen 2, shortlisted one for my missus (cause feeding a 223 at her rate of fire would bankrupt me)
    Nice, you won't be sorry. Its a great gun. Only problem is mags locally are expensive. R1600 a mag last I checked. I ordered from Brownells, 3 x Metalform mags for $99. With shipping and everything else came in at R1500 for all 3, exchange rate was a little better then though. The Metalform mags are made in the same factory as the original and they are basically identical except for the Colt stamp on the bottom.

You can use Uzi mags with a little modification, but then the bolt hold open doesn't work.

User

Thanks for the info
    On the plus side for IDPA PCC which is what it would be used for, the Mag count is pretty much 1, so will be able to get away with only a few spares

User

Or... have 9 mags, load them the night before and not only don't you have to do a reload on a stage but you don't have to top up a mag the entire day!

you need to have at least a 1 extra mag to shoot either the 5x5 or PCC classifier. I also always keep an extra on my belt in a stage just in case I have a jam or something happens that requires a fresh mag to fix.

User

Lol! I preload my revolver moonclips the same way.

Must admit I look on jealously while PCC guys run a whole course of fire on one mag...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Speed_Freak View Post
    Lol! I preload my revolver moonclips the same way.

Must admit I look on jealously while PCC guys run a whole course of fire on one mag...
    Mag changes aside, PCC reignited my interest in the sport. Its comes with it's own set of challenges, it isn't as easy as everyone thinks. It needs an entire change of how you stage plan and how you use cover. Especially in tight weak side leans and tight spaces. At the end of the day its just an insane amount of fun.

I have shot it for about a year now and decided to give Carry optics a go but if I'm honest I am missing running the long gun.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast