Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Legal to carry concealed on a university campus?

It is 100% legal. The only thing that can happen is that the university can implement a disciplinary hearing against you if they were to discover that you carried a firearm, knife, any other dangerous weapon etc.

Personally, ensure you have a proper belt and holster and conceal and carry on campus as per normal. Also limit the amount of people you tell that you carry a firearm to your immediate/very close friends. Anyway that is what I did and still do at UCT.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn881 View Post
    Also limit the amount of people you tell that you carry a firearm to your immediate/very close friends.
    No-one needs to know, unless they NEED to know.

Also, be aware of the rules and the consequences of being made. Weigh up the risk/reward and make your choice.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Bjorn are you a day student?
    live out your imagination , not your history.

No university will allow students to carry. There is no policy that allows it. If you ask, the answer will be in the negative. If you are legally allowed to carry, then carry. Concealed carry is called concealed carry for a reason.

User

Quote Originally Posted by ravingDIODE View Post
    Vuurdoop, I carried on campus at all times when I got my license. Stellenbosch's rules or policies stated that they respect the right to self defense and the law which enables a person to carry a firearm but they wish not to have firearms on campus etc.. something to the likes of that. It came down to the fact that of right of admission and not being able to be a true gunfree zone because then they need to provide lock up facilities etc.

I EDC'd while studying and writing exams etc. Just get a decent holster and continue on with your llife.
    What year was this? Perhaps a long time ago, since the US have a policy prohibiting FAs and other dangerous weapons and you are not allowed to carry without special permission. It’s been like that for a long time. I know a number of students carry these days, regardless, and I do not blame them.

User

Quote Originally Posted by WCC View Post
    What year was this? Perhaps a long time ago, since the US have a policy prohibiting FAs and other dangerous weapons and you are not allowed to carry without special permission. It’s been like that for a long time. I know a number of students carry these days, regardless, and I do not blame them.
    2011-2015. Yes it was prob that, but the fact that they admit the law and right to self defense was enough reason for me to not ask permission and just continue with my studies while EDCing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2