Default Glock, striker spring and safety plunger spring replacement, for carry

Would it be safe to use the springs from a reliable manufacture, like Eemantech or Apex, for a carry gun?
    On a Gen4 G19, like the eemantech reduced power safety spring and 4lb striker spring?

User

Default Re: Glock, striker spring and safety plunger spring replacement, for carry

I've had light strikes on SB primers using eemantech springs on my 17. Test your carry load extensively if they are going on a carry gun.

Default Re: Glock, striker spring and safety plunger spring replacement, for carry

Quote Originally Posted by H.MINNAAR View Post
    Would it be safe to use the springs from a reliable manufacture, like Eemantech or Apex, for a carry gun?
    On a Gen4 G19, like the eemantech reduced power safety spring and 4lb striker spring?
    I have used the Eemantech springs in my G32 and G20 but i have kept the striker spring as factory.

Not a single failure to fire.

I polished the plunger, trigger bar and the minus connector to an almost mirror like finish coupled with the Eemantech plunger spring and trigger return spring my pull weight is on average 4.5lbs, much smoother and feels better than stock. Again, i kept the factory striker spring.

I have had no issues with the trigger blade safety returning to normal (the trigger blade safety thing)

User

Why though? What are you trying to achieve? Lighter trigger pull?

Stick to OEM stuff

User

Personally on a SD firearm I would stick to the OEM parts, firearm for sport is a different story.

I fitted the eeman competition spring kit in my 17 and had the internals polished up with no Light strikes,etc.

But,this is my comp gun and I would go with OEM for EDC.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk