Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Rimfire cleaning regiment

What is your .22 cleaning regiment? How often is it cleaned, what do you use? Any tips and tricks.

User

Default Re: Rimfire cleaning regiment

Push nylon brush through barrel to get the crumbly bits out, wipe bolt and inside of action with a lightly ballistol-ed rag. Put in safe.

User

I clean the bolt and bolt face and the feeding ramp. Slightly oil all movable parts except the firing pin. That is on my semi and bolt action. I once cleaned my bolt action barrel and it took about 100 shots or more to get the accuracy back, so I'll never clean the barrel again.

User

I only clean the barrel if accuracy is going off, otherwise after shooting, wipe down with oil, and clean the bolt.

User

i had the same with the .22 after cleaning the barrel, accuracy goes for a bit, so I clean the outside of action/barrel with oiled cloth, clean the bolt, and put it in the safe...

User

I push a nylon brush through the bore and then follow it with a patch. Clean the bolt, wipe the inside of the action with a cloth, wipe down metal surfaces with lightly oiled cloth, then wipe down stock with some teak oil. 5 mins tops.

User

Am I doing my accuracy a disservice by cleaning the barrel after every shoot? I don't like leaving crumbly powder residue in there.

User

I pull a Boresnake through the barrel once in a while, clean bolt face, wipe down

Banned

I have heard of this phenomenon regarding cleaning a .22 barrel - I have cleaned both mine and can not say I noticed a differance. My usual .22 cleaning is just oiling the outside for storage. Occasionally when its raining and I have reloaded all I can reload I clean things for ????. The .22 will then be brushed with a nylon brush and some nitro solve and dry patch a few times afterwards. I have never put a brass brush down a .22 again after its first strip clean when I get it.

User

Thanks guys. I heard about serious leading building up just after the chamber area too, seems like its a non issue?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast