Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default DS status and applications

Hi All
    I just heard today from Provincial firearms centre (Gauteng) that those in possession of a Dedicated status can proceed with their application from the DFO directly to National. You can bypass provincial for the so called verification process.
    So my new app went from PTA DFO to JHB prov office and will head back to PTA for capturing. They have allowed me to personally collect my appl from provincial and take it directly to National to fast tack the process. So those wanting to fast track their appl, need to find your paperwork at the relevant office and walk it through the system to the diff units/ branches etc until national.
    sleep when you're dead

Default Re: DS status and applications

thats interesting hey.

User

Ok, ok,

Question, I have 2 hunting rifles and a SD, I apply for a Competency Card and get it.

I then get dedicated status, do my semi / carbine training and exams and then do i apply for a new competency card?

Where is the dedicated status indicated on your competency card?

Quote Originally Posted by Bundu Ric View Post
    Ok, ok,

Question, I have 2 hunting rifles and a SD, I apply for a Competency Card and get it.

I then get dedicated status, do my semi / carbine training and exams and then do i apply for a new competency card?

Where is the dedicated status indicated on your competency card?
    Short answer, it isnt.

Dedicated status is awarded by your association and reported to the SAPS in their annual returns.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Ok, what gets put on the competency card, the types of competency?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by parthyc View Post
    Hi All
    I just heard today from Provincial firearms centre (Gauteng) that those in possession of a Dedicated status can proceed with their application from the DFO directly to National.
    What application? For a licence? Or the competancy? or both? I have DSS but i wish to apply for some rifle comp stuff

Emilio, my ref is to a new appl for any firearm. If you already have a comp card and DS status then you can bypass prov office where they do QC. So if you are applying for a new comp then you have to go the full route. However, the Colonel told me that calling and ffg up does help as the can access your appl and fast track it if necessary.
    sleep when you're dead

Banned

Im still like a mushroom regarding the departments that an application goes through - in the dark...

I was told that QC was done after the comittee (desk jockey at call centre said so...)

Like I said, I am a mushroom. Thanks anyways :)

---------- Post added at 17:39 ---------- Previous post was at 17:25 ----------

seems like its a bit like the DFOs . different rules from station to station...

Oh well

User

Emilio and All,

I use a excel spreadsheet and have copied the headings of the steps I heard of from getting previous licenses through the process:

DFO - Prov - CFR-receival - CFR-licensing - CFR-prep 4 consid - CFR-Com Submit - CFR-Com Action - CFR-Com Decision - DFO-license ready

Anybody got a different version?

B3

User

Quote Originally Posted by parthyc View Post
    Hi All
    I just heard today from Provincial firearms centre (Gauteng) that those in possession of a Dedicated status can proceed with their application from the DFO directly to National. You can bypass provincial for the so called verification process.
    So my new app went from PTA DFO to JHB prov office and will head back to PTA for capturing. They have allowed me to personally collect my appl from provincial and take it directly to National to fast tack the process. So those wanting to fast track their appl, need to find your paperwork at the relevant office and walk it through the system to the diff units/ branches etc until national.
    That's the BEST news ever!! Yeeha!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast