Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Default Re: Shooting through a door

Quote Originally Posted by Flintstone View Post
    Yeah and while you and your family are locked safely behind 2 doors,you patiently wait while the a-holes clean your house out and burn it down with you and your loved ones inside.My house is build in such a way that my daughter lives on one wing and myself,wife and one son in the other part.So now i'm safe and my daughter is old enough to look after herself? I have a huge solid front door,the other doors are reinforced,so if you are in my house and you do not answer my loud yell,(none of my famliy have a hearing issue),games will begin.We have a standard drill,a sort of knocking code,if it is one of the children wanting to enter into our room.No code means trouble.I shout a password and each child has a responding answer.Problems in the house,no problem,children's doors are locked anyway.Either of the two have a problem,they first whatsup,no response,they follow protocol.My house is my family's safe domain.It is my responsibility to keep them safe.
    yes we as GUN owners have the same thoughts

but its also your responsibility to FOLLOW the law

as much as its sucks and isnt ideal , we have to follow procedure

User

Default Re: Shooting through a door

So 2 things that came to mind, You said your rooms come straight off the lounge, so what about a security gate on the outside of the safe room door and a security gate on the inside. paint the gate on the outside the same colour as your wall so it doesn't stand out too much because it will look unsightly. attach one of those auto close things on to it but have a sort of rip cord to release the mechanism (all you would need to do it run past pull the cord that keeps the gate in the open position) im sure there are some slam locks that can be fitted to these doors. you can adjust these hydraulic auto closers to close faster aswel. then you lock the door and inner security gate.

That way if they break the security gate you know for sure what their intentions are, if they break the door and see another gate they might get unmotivated but you can see them now. risk is they can shoot at you from there and you need cover. maybe a thick hard wood table you can flip over and have it layered with kevlar underneath(you can buy the inserts for vests or maybe a manufacture will make it to size. maybe i am thinking a bit far fetched,its just an idea i had now.

Also maybe get a beam or something that if someone comes down the driveway it beeps inside. so when you hear the gate crash and you hear a beep you know to react.
    Last edited by Quattro; 27-05-2019 at 10:09. Reason: spelling error

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3