User

Default ZAR-CANNON ASSOCIATION - Join our cannon association as a member

Good day to all members. Members, the ZAR Cannon association chaired by Johan Greyling like to extend a welcome to all that is interested in joining our association .
    In order to shoot and own a black powder front loading canon you need to have a black powder competency as well as a permit to store/buy black powder.
    If you are willing to go through all these documentation/applications to acquire a black powder competency as well as a permit to possess and store black powder feel free to join us.
    We are in the process to build front loading black powder canons used in the Paul Kruger President era . We want to keep the canon designs original as it`s predecessors..
    All the canons that will be cast/build will be according to the original canons used by the ZAR during the Boer wars...
    I really would like to hear from members who is interested to join our ZAR Cannon association.
    Please subscribe...

User

Default Re: ZAR-CANNON ASSOCIATION - Join our cannon association as a member

Gert, as far as I know by the Second Boer War or Anglo Boer War, the Orange Free State Republic and Zuid Afrikaanse Republiek used mondern Breech loading canons imported from France, Germany and England.
    During the First Boer War the Transvaal Burgers was fighting without an official artillery corps- I would like to see evidence of use of Front Loading Cannons during the First Boer War.
    Shooting cannons is a costly operation- Charles Barret of Ficksburg who have a few cannons and his own cannon range next to the Caledon river told me he use a 1000 grain FG Blackpowder to shoot his one pounder cannon.
    Best of luck- wish I had the time, effort and farm of my own to shoot a cannon regularly.
    When the ZACP become the ruling party one day, will I hopefully be allowed to buy an G5 On a military surplus auction.

User

Hi Gert

Do you perhaps have a website or Facebook page? My brother - in-law already has a Canon. It is the same as the one used at the Castle. He regularly uses it as a starter for various races.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Finkelstein View Post
    Gert, as far as I know by the Second Boer War or Anglo Boer War, the Orange Free State Republic and Zuid Afrikaanse Republiek used mondern Breech loading canons imported from France, Germany and England.
    During the First Boer War the Transvaal Burgers was fighting without an official artillery corps- I would like to see evidence of use of Front Loading Cannons during the First Boer War.
    Shooting cannons is a costly operation- Charles Barret of Ficksburg who have a few cannons and his own cannon range next to the Caledon river told me he use a 1000 grain FG Blackpowder to shoot his one pounder cannon.
    Best of luck- wish I had the time, effort and farm of my own to shoot a cannon regularly.
    When the ZACP become the ruling party one day, will I hopefully be allowed to buy an G5 On a military surplus auction.
    Finkelstein, you are quite correct....I should have said we want to keep the designs original as was the Ras cannons...and the old front loader black powder cannons... shooting them will really not be a challenge since Johan Greyling manufacture his own ZAR black powder..he usually sponsor the cannon shooting days...and since we are a association chaired by him we do get the black powder at a great price...
    We really want to advance front loading black powder cannon shooting as a sport and a method to relive the use of shooting cannons...what better way as to be able to have your own cannon and shoot it together with other cannon owners ??? It is just great fun...
    Contact Johan Greyling at: 0827010652 We are working on designing a web page for our ZAR Cannon Association...