Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Legal implications of sold weapon 4 years ago - never licenced.

Well, that really isn’t what storage permits are for. They never were intended to give the purchaser early possession of a gun for which they may or may not get their licence.

I would strongly advise anyone against making use of storage permits in buy-and-sell transactions unless you really trust the other party.

And then, follow the hell up!

Treeman you’d better go get your ducks in a row with affidavits etc because you’re most certainly not blameless in this thing.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Treeman you’d better go get your ducks in a row with affidavits etc because you’re most certainly not blameless in this thing.
    Thanks Skaaphaas, I will start with recommended actions tomorrow, I have some peoples that will help me quiet far. You know about two years back I did question this weapons position and was told something that passivized me, can not recall but it was along lines of time regarding how long it reflects on my name before coming off. By affidavits - please if you have the time, what do you mean - what should be sworn in and what should be put in place, just some back ground for when I meet with my peoples, sure they will know, but at least I have a back ground or even can suggest some value to our meeting.

User

I have details of an lawyer/advocate not sure his title in PTA that use to work for DFO, he might give you proper advice, he assisted me with all my firearm appeals etc.

let me know if I can PM his details to you

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    Finkelstein, yes along those lines it appears, been calling my peoples and a captain at the DFO said that he will send the police over from buyer area to buyer to promote action. Also hinted that the signer on storage permit might be anxious to help me out.
    21h00 - I noticed buyer has been giving me one ring missed calls ??, think I will let captain >>> rather take over from her. I can not fall in a hole I do not dig,

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chimunk View Post
    I have details of an lawyer/advocate not sure his title in PTA that use to work for DFO, he might give you proper advice, he assisted me with all my firearm appeals etc.

let me know if I can PM his details to you
    Please do - I do not know where this is heading.

User

I would not want to take possession of a firearm that has been licensed to you, but out of your possession for so long.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    I would not want to take possession of a firearm that has been licensed to you, but out of your possession for so long.
    .... I hear your concerns and will take measures to define on paper period away from me.

Banned

For those interested. Mail bombed buyer all day with my progress and implications of matter to himself and myself. Kinda if this happens - this will be result to you - me, if this happens - this will be result to ..... etc. I also let him know that this could lead to looking into competency to hold a licence. My people phoned him all day, but no answer to any calls.
    At 16h00 my final message was that I would be reporting to his DFO the matter of him being in possession of a unlicensed firearm and provide the RAM collection proof and other paperwork.
    He then phoned me and told me a story about his wife and he owning and the weapon was for her and he thought she had licenced it etc.
    I told him to return his missed calls and speak to the cops that had been phoning him. He seems to have done so and will RAM weapon back Sat if open or latest Monday. He is required to send proof to my DFO latest Monday.
    He ended conversation by saying once weapon is returned he will get paper work done and will pay to have it RAM returned......................I am thinking ....... ?????

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Glad it seems you are making headway.
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

User

Geez Treeman. I really hope you get the weapon back soon.

All the best!

User

PM Sent

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    Please do - I do not know where this is heading.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast