Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Legal implications of sold weapon 4 years ago - never licenced.

Today I was given a print out of my weapons, DFO just being friendly and had a spare for my latest application.
    I was reading through list and there was my JP Sauer 12 G still on my name. I sold it to a guy in Pretoria, received a signed stamped storage permit and RAm delivered it 24/07/2015
    I frantically searched my paper work and luckily - luckily, one of the first paper work of transactions I ever kept was deep in pile. Sale of JP Sauer. ( I have never been one to keep paper work, but did start a few years back).name address courier cell etc.
    I phoned this guy this morning and told him who I was and what situation is and he suddenly started about being in meeting and would phone back. I phoned him again after work - call rejected, and again later.

I have now spoken to my people and got some suggestions, some of which conflict but they all seem to be variations of 3 routes to follow.
    Inform bloke to return weapon by RAM immediately.
    Report matter on many levels, and find out what routes options are open to myself - he has been in possession of a unlicensed firearm for four years, its his type that make it hard for all of us.
    Inform guy you want it licenced now - right now.

Problem is - he has pissed me off by breaking trust and exposing me to legal repercussions, I now want to hurt him, this must not be a laugh me off matter. Then by making me run after him he has made me the Ma se M***ing and I want to F him up proper.
    I am angry and need level headed advice that does not include "forgive him", he is not one of us, he is the enemy.
    Suggested routes to follow are ???

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Default Re: Legal implications of sold weapon 4 years ago - never licenced.

I would suggest you chat to a lawyer ASAP.

Do you have confirmation of the sale? If so this will help. You probably need to make a turn at your DFO too, after you chatted to your lawyer.

User

Maybe get a gun dealer in the Pretoria area to go and collect the firearm. The guy is in possession of an unlicensed firearm, and one of your firearms is NOT in your possession. I am sure you could get into shit for not following it up.

I would get it into dealer stock ASAP, and then sell it from there.

User

On a reread of your post - I understand the need to F.... him up, but that cannot be done whilst wearing orange and living on pap and black tea.

Get the firearm "legal" - IE in dealer stock, or in your possession, and then bliksem him. Maybe come up to PTA and fetch it yourself.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mikecollinge View Post
    On a reread of your post - I understand the need to F.... him up, but that cannot be done whilst wearing orange and living on pap and black tea.

Get the firearm "legal" - IE in dealer stock, or in your possession, and then bliksem him. Maybe come up to PTA and fetch it yourself.
    Look ! I did it all legal etc got the storage permit and copy of his licence, my Captain friend said demand weapon back and tell him to get lost. My DFO said I should tread carefully not to attract attention, even if I did it correctly some zealot my try the "you should have checked up thing.
    I was also told in station- its the systems fault for not having a removal from and put onto name system in place - like with a car.

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    ... copy of his licence, ...
    Did he license it and it is a SAPS stuffup that got it back on your name, or did he never license it?

If you have a copy of his license just report it and ask for the system to be fixed, if not you shouldn't have sent the gun when it was still licensed in your name, get a lawyer and go sort it out with the cops. Good luck

Banned

No- a copy of his licence for another shotgun was attached to the permission to store this weapon certificate. He did not licence it.

User

Have your DFO check with his ID number if it is also listed on his name.
    If not, get in your car and go fetch it in Pretoria. He has the firearm illegal as the storage permit must have expired. In case he does not want to give it back, go to his DFO and take it from there.
    Alternatively you can have your lawyer send him a letter- gonna cost money- via the sheriff and get him to bring the shotgun back.
    The DFO that signed the storage permit aldo has an obligation to have checked on him.

Banned

Finkelstein, yes along those lines it appears, been calling my peoples and a captain at the DFO said that he will send the police over from buyer area to buyer to promote action. Also hinted that the signer on storage permit might be anxious to help me out.
    21h00 - I noticed buyer has been giving me one ring missed calls ??, think I will let captain >>> rather take over from her. I can not fall in a hole I do not dig,

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    Look ! I did it all legal etc got the storage permit and copy of his licence, my Captain friend said demand weapon back and tell him to get lost. My DFO said I should tread carefully not to attract attention, even if I did it correctly some zealot my try the "you should have checked up thing.
    I was also told in station- its the systems fault for not having a removal from and put onto name system in place - like with a car.
    Yep. Even though you jumped through all the right hoops, there is a glitch in the system, to which you have fallen foul. Just get the gun away from the idiot in any way possible, and into someone's legal possession

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast