Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Fellow member's .22's

Brno Mod 1 dated 1947, Brno Mod 2 with Boyds Thumbhole Applejack stock , 5-20x50mm scope and silenser nicknamer "Rooies" and last but not least a Smith &Wesson Model 41 pistol.

.22's is just plain fun guns shoot mine alot

User

Brno Mod 1 used for plinking.

User

Anshutz Model Match 54. Used for target shooting.

Norinco JW-15 (Brno Mod 2 copy)
    I bought it because I needed a 22 LR and scooped this one up new for R1500 in 2015. It's used for Lowveld Hunters and SA-Hunters shooting disciplines. Obviously a lot of plinking.

Besides my 9mm pistol this is the firearm I shoot the most. Get something that fits your needs and heart. I'm in the process of licencing a Star FR pistol as well. .22's are great fun.

Quote Originally Posted by DYA View Post
    Brno Mod 1 dated 1947, Brno Mod 2 with Boyds Thumbhole Applejack stock , 5-20x50mm scope and silenser nicknamer "Rooies" and last but not least a Smith &Wesson Model 41 pistol.

.22's is just plain fun guns shoot mine alot
    Would love to see a photo of the Mod 2

User

BSA sportsman ten unscoped. Shooting porcupines, rabbits, momgoose, guinea fowl. Plinking, shoots for Free State hunters, cheap practise af the basics.

User

Brno mod 2
    The rifle i grew up. Hunted many many many doves, pigeons, francolins, guineafowl, kelkiewyne, springhase, jackals, foxes and wild cats. Also a couple of duikers and steenbuck. These days however it only sees action when i am in the mood for some tarentaal potjie. Did have to dispatch a warthog in a snare with it the other day.

User

Scoped CBC Bolt action rifle - used for plinking and general range use. Also used for teaching kids how to use and operate a bolt action rifle.
    Star HK Lancer semi-auto pistol. - Not used much
    Beretta model 70 semi-auto pistol - used for plinking on the range. Also used when teaching newcomers to firearms how to use and operate semi-auto pistols. My 10 year old son shoots it a lot on the range.
    Winchester model 74 (semi auto rifle) - Collector's rifle used for demonstration purpose of .22lr's used during WW2

Banned

Krico, imported 1964 and which I acquired in 1968. I now have a 5-20 x 50mm Nikko on it to help with seeing shots at 50m. Used for plinking, hunting of pests and shooting postal league for SA Hunters.

User

Mauser Mm410
    BSA Model 12/15 (mini martini action)
    Webley .22lr revolver

All great fun to play with & accurate enough to get placed a few times in NSA postal comp. over the years.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast