Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Fellow member's .22's

Remington scoremaster

Plinking, pest control,sport shooting, hunting small game

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

User

Ruger 10-22 Take Down. Don't shoot it much, I just love handguns more. Ruger Mk 3 22/45 Lite, with green anodised upper. I would have preferred a black one but the green was the only one available. So I made a holster from dark green coloured crocodile skin to go with it. Now I quite like the colour. And a Smith & Wesson 22 Compact. Also made a croc skin holster for it. Use both for practise and shooting SA Hunters handgun matches.

User

Voere bolt-action for plinking & M&P 15-22 for mini rifle

User

Mauser ES340B. Plink a bit with it.

User

I'm a huge .22 fan & have been lucky enough to own or extensively use quite a selection over the years. I wish I still owned all of them. I find .22's quite interesting because there are so many different designs & action types in existence. It's a low power cartridge so allows for designs & mechanisms that wouldn't be feasible with higher-powered cartridges. I've always enjoyed quirky designs and .22's is a good field to find them, even if some of the designs vary from not very effective to downright awful ;-)

Those that have rotated in and out of my safe & that I can remember right now are:

- Mauser model 410B rifle (standard barrel sporter)
    - Mauser model 420B rifle (heavy barrel sporter)
    - Mauser model 350B rifle (heavy barrel sporter/target rifle. My favourite of the 3 Mausers, even if not the most practical)
    - Brno no.1 rifle (was my grandfather's, now used by my son - 4 generations in the family)
    - Brno no.2 rifle (maybe the stamp said CZ452 - can't remember, but essentially the same thing)
    - Browning SA-22 rifle, take down (semi-auto that loads through the top of the stock & ejects downwards, designed by John Moses Browning to be ambidextrous. Dainty, light & accurate. Amazing piece of engineering when you take it apart & examine it. Almost unbelievable that someone with so little formal training could design this a century ago)
    - Single shot Winchester model 1903 boys rifle (Maybe it's called the model no 1906 or 1908 or thereabouts, but that's about right)
    - FN Browning single shot rifle (basically FN interpretation of the Winchester above). Both of them are bolt action and cocking is done after you've closed the bolt by gripping the cocking piece and pulling it back.
    - FN Browning pump-action rifle, take-down (very similar to Winchester pump action .22, can't remember what the model name or number was)
    - Gevarm model E1 rifle (take-down open bolt semi-auto. Teaches you a whole new set of firearm safety rules!)
    - Stevens model 85 rifle (quirky magazine fed single shot/manual operated/semi-auto depending on which setting you use)
    - Winchester model 63 rifle, take down (semi-auto cocked & loaded by a rearwards push on a button on the forend using the forefinger of your support hand. Magazine also of the tube type situated in the stock)
    - FN Browning target pistol (must be one of the most aesthetically beautiful pistols ever made)
    - Star Lancer (cheap pistol that was quite popular in SA in about the 70's-80's. Like a kind of scaled down M1911 .45ACP. Interesting as it had an alloy frame)
    - Savage .22/.410 combination (does a combination gun count?)
    - Musgrave Ambidex Supreme model from the first series (cool piece of SA firearm memorabilia)

If .22 WRF chambering is included, then I also used to have a Winchester model 1890 pump action.

Some still on my hit list that I hope to own in the future if & when finances & space in the safe permit (or at least play with if I can find someone else that owns one):
    - Voere M180
    - BSA International target rifle
    - Anschutz biathlon (straight-pull)
    - Webley & Scott single shot target pistol (saw one advertised today, strangely enough)
    - Ruger 10/22
    - Unique combo pistol/rifle kit
    - Henry AR-7 survival rifle
    - Erma replica of M14 carbine
    - Erma replica of Luger pistol
    - Lever action of some sort. Make & model still to be decided.
    - Winchester model 52, preferably the "C" incarnation (I almost forgot this one - had to come back & edit my post)

......... And the only thing you can be sure of is that this list will change all the time.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Finkelstein View Post
    Mauser ES340B. Plink a bit with it.
    Very nice. I've never seen one of those with my own eyes ;-)

User

Ruger 10-22 Take Down Charger with Aim Point PRO, Magpul pistol grip and Aimzonic .22 Suppressor. Used for plinking, rabbits, francolin, guineafowl.
    Lots of fun to shoot.

User

I have a M&P 15/22. Magpul grip, ambidextrous charging handle, Volquartsen extractor, angled foregrip and Romeo 5 red dot. Very nice toy

User

Would be awesome to see some photos of these beauts as there seems to be quite a bit of enthusiasm here

User

I have my Grand Fathers Lithgow Slazenger 1B Single Shot, Bolt Action .22

Mainly used for slaying pigeons, but I don't shoot it much.
    I'm actually on the lookout for a replacement stock for this one, if anyone has seen any kicking about.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast