Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Firearm next to bed...

Thanks guys, Its always on me, and always loaded, only not on me when I sleep shower and sex.
    We have outside beams, inside beams and a trellidoor gate on the bedroom door, pretty soon ill take the gate off the door and put it in the hallway at the top of the stairs because I want free movement between the bedrooms upstairs, so even if she sleeps in her own bedroom there is still a risk...
    I was thinking I could leave it in my clothes cupboard on the 2nd shelf from the top out of reach of kids, but then ill have to train to get it in a hurry, +- 3,5 meters from were I sleep.....

User

sometimes mines on me for the sex
    everyone is always on about protection

plus, me in a lara croft leg holster? pssssshhhhhhhhhhhh irresistible

User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post

plus, me in a lara croft leg holster? pssssshhhhhhhhhhhh irresistible
    That's what he said?

User

I also have toddler and bought a fingerprint safe that is bolted to the wall next to the bed. Best of both worlds- my daughter cannot get to it, its locked up and I can get to it fast.

User

Quote Originally Posted by mottobaaj View Post
    That's what he said?
    its what my wife said

its 2019

live a little

User

Don't underestimate children's curiosity and ingenuity when they want to found out about something. They find a way to the top of a shelf etc once they figure out how to climb, stack stuff to climb higher...... And they figure things out way before your expect them to.

User

if it in a decent holster with a some sort of release, they should t be able to remove it with their little hands?

User

Quote Originally Posted by McD2304 View Post
    if it in a decent holster with a some sort of release, they should t be able to remove it with their little hands?
    They can and believe me they will find a way

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Their small hands and curiosity and climbing ability and holsters with gadgets etc might be relevant and discussed, BUT..... what does the law say?

If not under your direct control....

Sleeping with a gun on a bedside table or where ever is not "direct control." You have various other safety measures and early warning systems as described. Get a good fingerprint safe (Hornady for instance) and use it. If your early warning systems are working you should have that 5 seconds it take to get your gun out of it.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    Their small hands and curiosity and climbing ability and holsters with gadgets etc might be relevant and discussed, BUT..... what does the law say?

If not under your direct control....

Sleeping with a gun on a bedside table or where ever is not "direct control." You have various other safety measures and early warning systems as described. Get a good fingerprint safe (Hornady for instance) and use it. If your early warning systems are working you should have that 5 seconds it take to get your gun out of it.
    i know of two hunters who were sighting in their rifles, walked 100m away to check target and came back to the rifles being stolen
    The local DFO's opinion was that direct control related to unobstructed line of sight to the weapons

not saying its right, just saying thats what we heard had happened

i would agree with the fingerprint safe, however would bedside table drawer not be considered direct control

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast