Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Quote Originally Posted by gary-t View Post
    .22 Mauser's are highly sought after. It will be a good if you can repair it. Someone can possibly make a new firing pin.
    BBCT is quite knowledgeable about .22 Mauser's he may be able to give input
    Thanks. BBCT? One of the members or a Gunsmith?

Default .22 LR Mauser not functioning properly

Quote Originally Posted by JacquesieJacques View Post
    Hello Hein. Will definitely sell if it can't be sorted easily.
    Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: .22 LR Mauser not functioning properly

Thanks. BBCT? One of the members or a Gunsmith?
    I'm here!

It looks like one of the pre-"mini-98" ones. "Mini-98" are more formally referred to as the "B series"

B series are more sought after and more common than these earlier ones.

I have very little experience or knowledge of the early ones, but the fact that they are scarcer means that parts are scarcer too. I think you'd be lucky to find spares for it but if it was me, I'd probably contact Classic Arms first to see if they have spares or a scrap one that they're willing to cannibalise.

Let us know where you are, as I might have a couple of other suggestions where to look for spares or someone that might be able to fix it.

If you don't come right, then definitely put it up for spares so someone else can benefit. Do your utmost to not destroy it.

User

If you can get the parts that's faulty, I'm 100% sure some engineering shop can machine new parts for you.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BBCT View Post
    I'm here!

It looks like one of the pre-"mini-98" ones. "Mini-98" are more formally referred to as the "B series"

I have very little experience or knowledge of the early ones, but the fact that they are scarcer means that parts are scarcer too. I think you'd be lucky to find spares for it but if it was me, I'd probably contact Classic Arms first to see if they have spares or a scrap one that they're willing to cannibalise.

Let us know where you are, as I might have a couple of other suggestions where to look for spares or someone that might be able to fix it.

If you don't come right, then definitely put it up for spares so someone else can benefit. Do your utmost to not destroy it.

Thank you BBCT. I am in Waterfall, Durban. Had it at Ihawu for over a year with no joy. Then took it to Allan Henry in Amanzimtoti as he was apparently the expert on these.

User

Thank you BBCT. I am in Waterfall, Durban. Had it at Ihawu for over a year with no joy. Then took it to Allan Henry in Amanzimtoti as he was apparently the expert on these.
    I would have suggested Allan in 'Toti. I'm sure he could make up parts so I'm guessing the cost is prohibitive which leaves you looking for spares. I'd try Classic Arms next, otherwise start phoning older, established gunsmiths around the country as they tend to collect boxes of parts over the years.

As suggested by Toxxyc, maybe a non-gunsmith machine shop or skilled hobbyist somewhere would be able to make something up cheaper than a gunsmith if you can give them the part to copy.

User

I would have suggested Allan in 'Toti. I'm sure he could make up parts so I'm guessing the cost is prohibitive which leaves you looking for spares. I'd try Classic Arms next, otherwise start phoning older, established gunsmiths around the country as they tend to collect boxes of parts over the years.

As suggested by Toxxyc, maybe a non-gunsmith machine shop or skilled hobbyist somewhere would be able to make something up cheaper than a gunsmith if you can give them the part to copy.

Thank you

Thank you
    Was Allen Henry not able to fix the .22LR?

User

Quote Originally Posted by DaavG View Post
    Was Allen Henry not able to fix the .22LR?
    No he looked at it quick and said he can't help me.

User

I'm here!

Just pulled it apart again. What do you guys think of what the firing pin and extractor looks like ? Can it be salvaged or must it be replaced?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast