Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92FS

User

Default Re: Beretta 92FS

i havn't been carrying for very long and i am by far experienced EDCer. i wanted a HK USP but logic told me not too. i like the look of the 92FS and the all metal frame it is a awesome looking gun. but when looking at prices i couldn't pay same money that i could get a more modern pistol for and that put me off.
    i ended up purchasing a Glock 17 , i don't like the look of it, its extremely dull but its function over form and it does the function part very well and has proven itself.

My reason for choosing the 17 was it can hold 18 rounds and it fits my hand perfect ,which is fairly fat (without my finger dangling off the grip).then obviously availability of parts.
    i tried the 19 and 26 ,my grip on the 19 felt just a bit unsure and the 26 felt like i couldn't hold it was so small.i honestly though the 26 is a girls gun or backup and is too small to have.
    After a few months of carrying i realized that a 26 is starting to make alot of sense now.
    My thinking went from what feels good in my hand to but i don't have it in my hand all day its on my hip and trying to not have people notice it is the big issue.

User

BbKing, kudos for listening to the advice, instead of reverting to "everyone's opinion should be valid" attempt self-validation that we often see when these questions are asked.

By all means get the B92 later, but for now, get a gun designed and intended for EDC first.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    BbKing, kudos for listening to the advice.
    Well Pirate thats why I am here. And every one has the same advice the the EDC item that changes a bit. If did not asked and got the the 92FS a month late I would be wondering why have a 1.5lt coke attached to my hip when I could have a 750ml bottle of water much more refreshing.

User

Good attitude! Then also heed the advice of getting proper training (focussed on civilian edc, not the super-tactical-ex-space-shuttle-door-gunner stuff) as soon as your license comes through.
    Good luck with the journey, the first one can be frustrating, but don't give up!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    Good attitude! Then also heed the advice of getting proper training (focussed on civilian edc, not the super-tactical-ex-space-shuttle-door-gunner stuff) as soon as your license comes through.
    Good luck with the journey, the first one can be frustrating, but don't give up!
    Thank you, and certainly will be doing as much training as i need the more I know what I am doing the better it will be for me and my family. I know its going to be a long long wait.

User

Ok so some delays in doing my compentcy life you know what I mean. But finally done and the ball is rolling. In this time I have done some research and had a feel of a few firearms. I seem to keep coming back to the CZP10C. It's feels good and sits nicely in my hand.

User

I had the same reasoning process. I have a Beretta PX4 Compact 9mm (I am not as big as you) which to me is just on the verge of concealability. It is the same size as a Glock 19 but weight wise is top heavy and has a thicker slide. These small things make a difference in being able to conceal it and happily carry every day. A good holster helps too- James from Southwest holsters in Fourways made me a fantastic kydex holster with a claw which conceals well and is comfy for all day carry appendix. I also ordered from Vedder holsters in the USA a kydex holster with a claw which arrived the other day and is very comfy and conceal well with a great quality finish to it.

But my thoughts are similar to yours and I am now waiting for my licence for a SIG P290 RS (yeh I like the hammer fired ones.. just how it is..) and it will complement the Beretta with the SIG being smaller and thinner but also a 9mm.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BbKing View Post
    Ok so some delays in doing my compentcy life you know what I mean. But finally done and the ball is rolling. In this time I have done some research and had a feel of a few firearms. I seem to keep coming back to the CZP10C. It's feels good and sits nicely in my hand.
    Good job for getting the ball rolling.

Just remember that how it feels and sits in your hand, are not good criteria points for a tool which you might need to use to save your life.

Proper training and good practice makes all the difference.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Good job for getting the ball rolling.

Just remember that how it feels and sits in your hand, are not good criteria points for a tool which you might need to use to save your life.

Proper training and good practice makes all the difference.
    Oh yes of course I am self employed so you will find me at the range as often as possible. As well as going for some training.
    As my protection dog trainer says to us handlers every week. Fortune Always Favours the Prepared

Quote Originally Posted by BbKing View Post
    Also check out the P07 or P01 if it is going to be your EDC. My first handgun was a full size (Beretta APX) but ever since I got the PX4 Compact, the APX has been sitting in the safe and is only used at the range probably once a month.

It is simply difficult for most people to comfortably conceal a FS pistol. And by that I mean carrying it everyday in your casual and your work attire.

That being said, CZ's Omega trigger is fantastic no matter which hammer-fired model you end up choosing. And that's coming from a Beretta fanboy.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast