Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    User

Default Re: 6.5 Creedmoor vs 6.5 x 55 Swedish Mauser Ammo Guide ballistics

Good members, I fit an old rifle barrel to the action, a smaller diameter and thinner than the heavy sportster profile I bought .This enable me to commence with in-letting yesterday. Some photos, I will be working this coming week on the in-letting and completion of the stock..the grain runs straight through the grip..it has a nice texture and grain..will finish up nicely..good piece of Wall Nut stock...I will shape this rifle stock to a sleek, thin classic design..a light small/medium hunting rifle to enjoy ...

User

Mooi Gert!...are you going to ceracote the barrel and action when it's all done?

User

pblaauw, no, I am bias towards a classic rifle build.will keep to the standard bluing and True oil finish on the stock.I always like the classic lines, maybe in the near future I will try my hand at a long distance build on a aluminum chassis system..I do have access to a milling machine as well as a lathe and surface grinder at the shop...but for now the 6.5 x 55 Swedish Mauser, and the 8x68S will both be the classic route...

User

Gert, I meant purely as protection against the elements... Or you just going to have it blued again?

User

Quote Originally Posted by pblaauw View Post
    Gert, I meant purely as protection against the elements... Or you just going to have it blued again?
    pblaauw, yes you are correct, I will just blue it, I was thinking of peacock bluing the rear sights to give it a nice compliment, will use buffalo grip cap , Zebra wood( black ivory ) for the fore tip...the recoil lugs will be counter sink to inlay mosaic pins ..the same I am using for my knife handles...and a red packmyer recoil pad I love the old red type recoil pad..will do exactly the same with the 8x68S to make them a pair...

Looking very nice, you are very talented.Well done.

User

Quote Originally Posted by MohamedD View Post
    Looking very nice, you are very talented.Well done.
    Thank you Mohamed for the positive reply , it is much appreciated, there is still a lot of work to be done..it is a nice project to do..building a rifle has many different aspects to it..

Yes, still a way to go, I will follow your progress, I enjoy reading your posts, very interesting and informative.Can’t wait to see the end product.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5