User

Default S21 Temp Permit Requirements Clarification

I want to apply for a S21 temp permit (SAPS 518) for a SLR to be used in sport, I already have SLR competency.

1. Out of interest do I need to submit proof of DSS for a S21 application? (Is DSS a requirement per law for SL rifles and shotguns under S21?)
    2. Am I required to submit an endorsement from my sporting association for the S21 application?
    3. Does one need an official letter from your sporting organisation as proof of the event or will submitting the sporting associations events calendar suffice?

User

Default Re: S21 Temp Permit Requirements Clarification

Bump?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn881 View Post
    1. Out of interest do I need to submit proof of DSS for a S21 application? (Is DSS a requirement per law for SL rifles and shotguns under S21?) I suspect you'd only require DSS for SL rifle - can't say I can find where it is mandated by law though....interesting question on your part.
    2. Am I required to submit an endorsement from my sporting association for the S21 application? Yes, if for SL, same as for S16 licence, I'd suspect. Rather not give them a reason to decline your S21.
    3. Does one need an official letter from your sporting organisation as proof of the event or will submitting the sporting associations events calendar suffice? I'd recommend getting an official letter, indicating the urgency of the S21 application.
    Just my 2c

User

From reading other posts, s21 requirements are the same as for the actual licence application, with the addition of why it is urgent.

User

Another question, is the fact that a license application takes 6 months + now enough motivation for a S21 license?

User

As I understand it from someone who specializes in this field, S21's are pretty much all refused for SA citizens wanting guns.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    As I understand it from someone who specializes in this field, S21's are pretty much all refused for SA citizens wanting guns.
    That is also our experience and we have not seen any for several months.