Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default Re: Hunting Small Game With 416 Rigby Advice

I hear your theory but I've got some reloads that are over 2 years old that were in the same safe and they still look brand new but who knows. They do look worse in person than on the photos provided but as long as they will fire safely, I'm happy. Thanks for your input I'll try your method out on the next batch.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hi Andrew, I think I might not have rinsed them off properly after tumbling as I wet tumble and use a pinch of citric acid with sunlight in my solution.

User

Everyone shoots better with clean,shiny ammo...that is just a small unexplained fact of life.
    For many years i have used an automotive metal polish called Autosol. A tiny bit on a soft cloth and a gentle wipe and your ammo will be sparkling clean.
    [Not sure what the active ingredients of Autosol are...just saying i have used it for jonks]

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pre 64 View Post
    For many years i have used an automotive metal polish called Autosol. A tiny bit on a soft cloth and a gentle wipe and your ammo will be sparkling clean.
    [Not sure what the active ingredients of Autosol are...just saying i have used it for jonks]
    Autosol will have a abrasive, most likely a oxide, Aluminium is common. A cleaning agent - soap or solvent and Ammonia, always Ammonia if it works . The amount you use and the amount of Ammonia in that amount is nothing, then you still clean it off after polishing = no Ammonia concern.

The main thing is that they only surface blemishes and safe to use. I do not want to imagine that going Kaboom!

I must admit it's always a 5 time check when I reload for it :)

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Greekboi95 View Post
    I hear your theory but I've got some reloads that are over 2 years old that were in the same safe and they still look brand new but who knows. They do look worse in person than on the photos provided but as long as they will fire safely, I'm happy. Thanks for your input I'll try your method out on the next batch.

upon relooking at tose photo's, the other guys are right - I just jumped to acid hands when I saw finger print, still good to reload with spotless dry hands. Regardless of all - you can safely dry tumble any ammo for a few minutes after reloading and have spotless unpolluted surfaces. I have found that using a bit of car polish in after load tumble leaves a good shine and a protective layer on cases - like on a car.
    ===========If I had a Rigby, I would load each case by hand with cloves - face mask and classical music playing. After loading each case will be hand polished to a blinding finish and have a coat Diamond Guard applied. Vacuum packed and put on display - right next to my J/Walker Blue display. (with specially aligned mirrors and subdued lighting).

User

Good grief Treeman...I shudder to think what you would do with the rifle itself.

User

Quote Originally Posted by pre 64 View Post
    Good grief Treeman...I shudder to think what you would do with the rifle itself.
    Yes, Treeman, now you have lost it completely...I presume you will slowly rub it down with a smooth finishing hot oil as well???? Every part of it??all over it??

Banned

well ---- I am !!!!! not allowed back in some Gun Shops, something about unnatural and other big words I can not spell.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Greekboi95 View Post
    The main thing is that they only surface blemishes and safe to use. I do not want to imagine that going Kaboom!

I must admit it's always a 5 time check when I reload for it :)
    They are good to go.

If you like them shiny just polish them with a non abrasive compound.
    I personally would not try and tumble them :)

100% confidence in our equipment is part of hunting success, so precious few things are trivial when they influence the mind.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast