User

Default Ex-SAP S&W M&P revolver and Beretta M92

A family member asked me for advice about selling the SAP handguns he and his father used while they were both in the police. The one is a Smith & Wesson M&P .38 S&W revolver that was reblued. The other is a Beretta (I think M92). I advised to put them on the Classic Arms Auction in August. Was that good advice, or should he rather put up for sale in Gun Africa or GunBroker here? I have no photo of the S&W, but I'll to put a photo of the Beretta here. For some or other reason the photos I place here always come out as thumbnails, but I hope it is clear.Beretta 92-1.jpgBeretta 92-2.jpg

User

Default Re: Ex-SAP S&W M&P revolver and Beretta M92

The Beretta 92 shows very little wear for an ex-issue pistol. I doubt that is was ever carried in a holster. This may make it somewhat more attractive to a collector or Beretta fan. I would think that the Classic Arms auction or here on Gunsite would be the best place to sell it (in that order). I would avoid the other 2, as you get all kinds of scammers, chancers and wierdos there.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

The S&W Revolvers go from 800 to probably max 2K if it’s spotless. If it’s been reblued you might be looking at 800 or less as it’s lost some of it appeal to collectors.

If you can please post some pics of the revolver

User

Thanks for the feedback, A-R & CorditeCrazy. He's decided to take it to Classic Arms. I've tried to upload a photograph of the revolver, but it seems I've exceeded my bandwidth quota.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Katlagter View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, A-R & CorditeCrazy. He's decided to take it to Classic Arms. I've tried to upload a photograph of the revolver, but it seems I've exceeded my bandwidth quota.
    You need to use a hosting site such as tinypic.com (I think?) to post pictures here. I upload the pics there, then drag-and-drop it here on GS.