Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default private security industry regulations act

Draft amendment regulations in terms of the private security industry regulations act, 2001

This is very scary.

Here's a chance for you to have your say

Banned

Default Re: private security industry regulations act

I am having a blonde moment here! What has changed?

User

Our minister of police wants to take away the private security sector's ability to use semi-automatic rifles to carry out their work.

(unless I'm the one that's being blond and this is old hat)

Banned

Thank you sir. At one stage I was involved with the security industry and even then it was illegal for a security officer to use his private weapon for security work. The security provider were to provide these weapons. (Register to sign weapons in and out etc.) Very few company's to my knowledge complied with this. Problem I have with all this is that very few security officers have any weapons training. At one stage I had information (Police friend) about response officers with criminal records running around with fire-arm, doing response. Imo the security industry can be our biggest enemy

problem is that this is a slippery path. if security guards dont need slr's then the general public is next.... We all know Mr Celee too well now from his recent comments.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Niekiepienaar View Post
    Thank you sir. At one stage I was involved with the security industry and even then it was illegal for a security officer to use his private weapon for security work. The security provider were to provide these weapons. (Register to sign weapons in and out etc.) Very few company's to my knowledge complied with this. Problem I have with all this is that very few security officers have any weapons training. At one stage I had information (Police friend) about response officers with criminal records running around with fire-arm, doing response. Imo the security industry can be our biggest enemy
    PSIRA is already regulating the security industry. It may not be perfect, but it is certainly better regulated than the SAPS currently is.

There will always be bad apples. That is not the norm by which the whole group should be measured. If it were, then politicians should be executed on sight...

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    PSIRA is already regulating the security industry. It may not be perfect, but it is certainly better regulated than the SAPS currently is.

There will always be bad apples. That is not the norm by which the whole group should be measured. If it were, then politicians should be executed on sight...
    They know this, hence the blue light brigade
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

User

Quote Originally Posted by CorditeCrazy View Post
    They know this, hence the blue light brigade
    Also known as "target indicators".

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    Also known as "target indicators".
    😂 it’s no longer “south of yellow smoke” it’s now “center of ring of blue flashing lights “
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

User

Quote Originally Posted by CorditeCrazy View Post
     it’s no longer “south of yellow smoke” it’s now “center of ring of blue flashing lights “
    At the risk of derailing the thread:

If the politicians and their protective teams really were threatened, they would move them around without drawing all that much attention.

No, the blue light brigades are not about protection at all. They are there to show each and everyone how important their passenger thinks he is.

"Vely impotent"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast