User

Default Cz 527 mag problem

Picked up my new cz527 223rem night sky
    When closing the bolt it's not smooth at all, the mag is scratching the brass on either side going to sand that down a bit to see if it improves.
    How do you sand the slides inside the bolt ,very sticky
    Must say not super impressed , needs work done to it
    Any 527 owners help would be appreciated ,with the braking in of this rifle

Banned

Default Re: Cz 527 mag problem

Wash the mag with something to remove all oil. Get graphite on the guides in the mag and work it well. Should smoothen the workings.

Clean the raceway and bolt with similar fluid to remove sticky oil or such. Working the bolt should make it smoother and adding graphite should also help.

Plenty of shots fired are going to be needed to mate the surfaces.

User

Thanks driepootx
    Started sanding the guides with 1000 grit on the range between shots waiting for barrel to cool,but looks like it needs lots of elbow grease.
    Will try a thin piece of plank for raceways.

User

Quote Originally Posted by piglet View Post
    Thanks driepootx
    Started sanding the guides with 1000 grit on the range between shots waiting for barrel to cool,but looks like it needs lots of elbow grease.
    Will try a thin piece of plank for raceways.
    I wouldn't use any sand paper, rather use a green plastic pot scourer with oil on it to polish the inside (you can tie it in the middle of a rope and pull it fwd and backwards inside the mag). After that clean it thoroughly and the use Eezox.

User

Yes but how does it shoot?

User

Love the rifle,small and light fits me nicely
    Still working on my load development,looks like it likes the lighter loads 23gn with the 55gn
    Nosler varmaggedon hollow point haven't gone past 24gn yet, will have to wait till after ipsc
    Nationals.
    Pity about the rough bolt action and battling too chamber a round otherwise I would have
    given it full marks

User

Been working he bolt action with some thin gunoil,pushing forward is getting better but ejecting
    not so smooth seems to be catching on the top of the bolt.
    Next will be the mag, will have to do something it's scratching two nasty marks either side of the brass

You understand off course it a CZ. I had a CZ455 and CZ527 in 22H. Both little rough but shoots brilliant. CZ built great firearms like my P01. But you can see they are not the best and smoothing stuff. They built them functional an a little rough. So they are working tools.
    I loved mine. But had small itch early last year to get a 222rem. Ordered a CZ527 MTR in about Jan18. By Nov 18 gave up as not come in yet. And bought Sako 222. Actually got call maybe month or 2 months back from importers. MTR's finally arrived. But my Sako's already approved.