Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    User

Default Re: Gert, Messor, Treeman, et al, you can rejoice!! (please open with a sense of humor)

One day when i get big Treeman,i'll get a 270. Ja boet,did some strange things with somebody elses wounded animals with the little 6 and a half.

User

Default Re: Gert, Messor, Treeman, et al, you can rejoice!! (please open with a sense of humor)

Messor..you are of course 100% correct. Obviously,the 6.5 slots in between the 6mm [243] and the 7mm [as in 7x57] and should be used accordingly.

User

Treeman...i do remember missing a bushpig in open lands one night with the 6.5. You put it down with your 270,but we won't mention that.Right?

Banned

The 270 appeals to a certain hunter. One who understand the finer points of ballistics. One who appreciate balance. The 270 is to hunting cartridges what the Porsche 911 is to cars. Focused, precise, controlled and when needed, violent and powerful.

Banned

[QUOTE=Messor;1317409]I
    My worry is that people see their success without having full knowledge of the subject, and believe these people's success is linked to the cartridge.I too read between the lines, and all the combos people talk about on forums is 6.5 with some target bullet, the people believing that the SD will make the target bullet an uber killer.
    these are very true words messor - its not a worry, its already happened.Hence the legend.

User

I'm a little surprised by the 270WSM. Was next to a guy at at shoot that shot with one and everytime he pulled the trigger my shoulder hurt on his behalf. Then again, we had to stop shooting twice as he kept downing the gongs...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RevA View Post
    I'm a little surprised by the 270WSM. Was next to a guy at at shoot that shot with one and everytime he pulled the trigger my shoulder hurt on his behalf. Then again, we had to stop shooting twice as he kept downing the gongs...
    Is it really that bad ? its on my I want list like the 308 Norma Mag was for like 17 years, the cost of brass put me off and never seen one for sale ever.

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    ............Is it really that bad ? its on my I want list like the 308 Norma Mag was for like 17 years, the cost of brass put me off and never seen one for sale ever.
    With a silencer not that much worse than a regular 300 win mag. Without its kinda like getting tackled.

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    I know a guy that shot all those things with a .222

And it's here that the water gets muddy, I don't for one second doubt the experience and skill of Pre and T-stone.
    One uses 140gr Partitions and the other 120gr monolithics.

My worry is that people see their success without having full knowledge of the subject, and believe these people's success is linked to the cartridge.
    I too read between the lines, and all the combos people talk about on forums is 6.5 with some target bullet, the people believing that the SD will make the target bullet an uber killer.

If you guys are to be the face of hunting make sure you get the message across correctly to others.
    +1

These are extremely wise words spoken here by Messor.
    There is no substitute for knowledge!!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    +1

These are extremely wise words spoken here by Messor.
    There is no substitute for knowledge!!
    I concur with Messor as well...listening to hunters at the shooting range the long distances they shoot at game since they have bought the 6.5 Creedmoor is a continuous discussion ....shooting at larger /heavier game using the same caliber is another favorable topic on the shooting range...maybe it is just talking for the sake of talking about a favorite caliber the hunter bought, who knows, maybe it is just some bragging...maybe they did not really shoot at long distances at heavy bodied game..??

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4