Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Elderly NY man kills repeat burglars, is charged for using inherited gun, loses his home

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/06...utm_term=EMAIL

I could hardly believe it when I read it. This type of scenario one would imagine happening in South Africa or the UK, but the United States, land of the free and home of the second amendment? Shocking.

User

Default Re: Elderly NY man kills repeat burglars, is charged for using inherited gun, loses his home

NY is probably THE most liberal city in the US.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Default Re: Elderly NY man kills repeat burglars, is charged for using inherited gun, loses his home

That is a travesty
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

User

This is the kind of liberal BS that’s making me loose all hope for humanity. I hope sanity prevails and the charges gets dropped.

Flame suit on...

To be honest, I don't see what the uproar is all about.

If that particular state requires that a firearm be registered, and it isn't, then you have broken the law by being in possession of the firearm. Nothing unfair or unjust in that.

The article clearly states that he is not being charged for the act of self Defence, so there's no issues there.

Same charges would be brought about in SA if you killed someone in legitimit self defense with an unlicensed Firearm.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Glockster View Post
    NY is probably THE most liberal city in the US.
    Funny, I always was under the impression that "liberal" was derived from the same root as "liberty", meaning free. These days "liberal" seems to indicate the same kind of freedom that the inmates of a concentration camp can enjoy. "Newspeak" has been accepted by everyone.

George Orwell was a prophet.

User

Quote Originally Posted by JayJ View Post
    Flame suit on...

To be honest, I don't see what the uproar is all about.

If that particular state requires that a firearm be registered, and it isn't, then you have broken the law by being in possession of the firearm. Nothing unfair or unjust in that.

The article clearly states that he is not being charged for the act of self Defence, so there's no issues there.

Same charges would be brought about in SA if you killed someone in legitimit self defense with an unlicensed Firearm.
    So the guy gets charged for failing to register a FA while the 3rd accomplice gets off and you fail to see the issue? What’s more his house is condemned and he is now homeless, only for the authorities to charge him for what is largely an administrative requirement by NY for failing to register his dad’s FA.
    If the DA was so quick to give the accomplish a pardon for a breaking and entering crime, but not the victim for failing to complete an administrative act, then you know where society is going. The guy has suffered enough but it seems the State is hellbent on making a point.
    Would society be better served if the guy is asked to register the gun and dropping the charge or charging a now homeless man that defended his life because what is likely an administrative failure to act on his part.
    God help us all if FA owners do not see the tragedy in what has transpired here with ‘justice’ getting slapped in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    Funny, I always was under the impression that "liberal" was derived from the same root as "liberty", meaning free. These days "liberal" seems to indicate the same kind of freedom that the inmates of a concentration camp can enjoy. "Newspeak" has been accepted by everyone.

George Orwell was a prophet.
    Modern liberalism is a far cry from classic liberalism. It’s conservative in nature, accepting and advocating state interference in individual rights / liberties.

Hence the advent of libertarianism.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Modern liberalism is a far cry from classic liberalism. It’s conservative in nature, accepting and advocating state interference in individual rights / liberties.

Hence the advent of libertarianism.
    A subject I have been struggling with all my life, liberty, control, freedom and where your liberty interferes with my freedom. Your choices my believes.... I am obsessed with my hatred for bull fighting and would do much to end it, but some peoples freedom of choice makes it all right - ok - national pride etc etc.
    Never thought of this - what do you do for a living, the way thats put you must be a lawyer or some very administrative kinda work. What was that word used recently in KK20 's post ..................critical thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by WCC View Post
    So the guy gets charged for failing to register a FA while the 3rd accomplice gets off and you fail to see the issue? What’s more his house is condemned and he is now homeless, only for the authorities to charge him for what is largely an administrative requirement by NY for failing to register his dad’s FA.
    If the DA was so quick to give the accomplish a pardon for a breaking and entering crime, but not the victim for failing to complete an administrative act, then you know where society is going. The guy has suffered enough but it seems the State is hellbent on making a point.
    Would society be better served if the guy is asked to register the gun and dropping the charge or charging a now homeless man that defended his life because what is likely an administrative failure to act on his part.
    God help us all if FA owners do not see the tragedy in what has transpired here with ‘justice’ getting slapped in the face.
    Where do you read of a 3rd accomplice getting off? I didn't see such info in the article posted.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast