Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Default Enjoying my shotgun

So I never had a shotgun. Did not have the need for one. So started shooting DMG as well and used my brothers Benelli for that. About a year ago the local gunshop had specials on Mavericks M88's and I thought what the heck, it will suit the purpose for once a years DMG. The license arrived 3 weeks ago.

I am really enjoying this entry and cost effective pump action. For some reason I am now hooked on shotgun target shooting. Whenever there is a few minutes to spare I chuck a few targets on the sand heap (tin cans, stones, sticks whatever) and blast away with 7.5 shot.

Have installed a Hi-Viz bead yesterday and side saddle is on the courier already.

It is weird. Never thought I would enjoy my own scattergun so much. The sound, the feel, the blast, the recoil... If not having a shotgun, go get one! And use it often. I have learned a new joy of shooting.

Regards

User

Default Re: Enjoying my shotgun

Maverick M88 is a very underrated gun for the money, IMO. Father in law has one, I grew up with that shotgun, and so far it only had one boo-boo - broken extractor. Resulted in a (safe direction) accidental discharge after a day shooting pigeons, but after that no issues. That was like 15 years ago.

User

I received the license card for my Mossberg 500 (20", 7+1) a few weeks ago and it quickly became my favourite firearm.

Where did you buy the hi viz sight and side saddle?

Wait till you start shooting clays with a shotgun. You will never not be at the range on a saturday

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Hi Viz at Jizni
    Side Saddle from Animal Gear

User

i used to enjoy my shotgun
    until one of the shell latch levers cracked in half

now just waiting on the part, might enjoy it again or give it away haha

User

I was in a similar boat. Only bought a shotgun because I wanted to shoot DMG.

Fast forward a few years and I really do enjoy shooting it. Ironically it was also a Maverick (but mine has now been pimped a bit with Magpul Furniture, and LPA Ghost Ring Sights).

Gotten to the point that I enjoy it so much, that I plan on picking up a decent Semi Auto as soon as I'm finished flushing money down the drain on my 2 1911 projects and my 300blk.

User

Seeing as we're talking about how we love them - I'm strongly considering putting a red-dot sight on my shotgun, load it up with Hornady slugs and take it hunting.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Seeing as we're talking about how we love them - I'm strongly considering putting a red-dot sight on my shotgun, load it up with Hornady slugs and take it hunting.
    You mean like this?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

User

Gaaaaaaan speel op 'n ander plek!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast