Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    User

Default Re: Let teachers bring guns to school - Union

Quote Originally Posted by Ωhm View Post
    Can't state what a bad apple is? I thought it was pretty self explanatory.. But if you absolutely insist on being obtuse... A bad apple in the context of my argument, is an individual who cannot perform the duties required of them or cope with stresses associated with the job, without having violent outbursts. Yeah, mental health professionals tend to lean towards gun control, no surprise there, but what does that have to do with it. What they're needed for is to determine if an individuals mental health is deteriorating, if the job is the cause or if is it something else and if they pose a threat to themselves and or others. The last part of my response to Stevin is showing him that I'm not arguing a point he may think I am, that he is barking up the wrong tree.

After getting rid of the teachers who can't cope with the job, who are abusive or have violent outbursts, hell arm the rest to the teeth. Take the kids on outings to the range, bring target shooting back as a school sport, etc. I'm all for it. But allowing weapons (be it guns, knives, etc) back in schools, without getting rid of those problematic (for the lack of a better word) teachers, we're potentially making the problem much worse.

so what is different from the licensed firearms owner, who is not meeting work targets, whose wife left him for the neighbour, whose car is being repossed
    who carries his firearm into wimpy on the weekends?

User

For the guys against this, you will find your views supported here ->https://momsdemandaction.org/

To hear the notion from (what I assumed was) fellow firearms owners, demanding more laws to stop people from being able to carry self defense firearms, is heart breaking.

That all that was required for these people to turn around and embrace calls for more gun control, was the old libtard line "but the children", is very demoralizing.

That even those called out on it and realizing their error, continued to defend their stance regardless, is distasteful to watch. To say the least.

Do continue to call for more stringent testing and training and control of the right to life of people in specific groups (a few weeks earlier for people in the medical profession, and in this case people working in the education sector), and of course for outright banning in these groups if those "extra controls" cannot be implemented. But do so, knowing, that your stance is going to be used to disarm YOU tomorrow.

Thankfully those who do fight for these rights for all, will continue doing so for you, when your guns are taken for the very same reasons you just supported.

Because they live in hope that your children can grow up in a free society where people still have the right to life, despite your continued efforts to the contrary.
    Du Doch Nicht!!

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    so what is different from the licensed firearms owner, who is not meeting work targets, whose wife left him for the neighbour, whose car is being repossed
    who carries his firearm into wimpy on the weekends?
    I don't know about his other problems, but if he stops going to Wimpy, he'll have one less problem and his life will improve significantly (just kidding). Is this hypothetical person having violent outbursts at work, posing a risk to employer/colleagues/clients? If so, then there is no difference, both should be dismissed.

It seems as though you're looking for an argument over whether someone should be armed or not, If that's the case, you're not going to get the answer you're looking for.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8