Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Default Re: Let teachers bring guns to school - Union

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    You know like how the competency process to own firearms supposedly weeds out the bad apples in that instance... oh, wait...
    The process is a bad joke, you won't hear me singing it's (supposed) virtues. In all fairness, it isn't an apples to apples comparison.

User

I went to school at a private school around 1994. We had armed teachers at school, the one male teacher even had his kommando R4 in a safe in his classroom.
    I never felt intimidated by that, but maybe it is because I grew up among people that edc.
    If your child teacher want to kill your little brat- he can at anytime bring a gun/knife/stone to school and do so. The majority of teachers is sane people, lets not forget that.

I would support teachers having the right to conceal carry at school. Maybe controversial but I would prefer if there was additional training requirements for teachers given the environment they work in. Almost like teachers having to get a special driving license if they transport kids. My two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Quote Originally Posted by wynand.dewinnaar View Post
    I would support teachers having the right to conceal carry at school. Maybe controversial but I would prefer if there was additional training requirements for teachers given the environment they work in. Almost like teachers having to get a special driving license if they transport kids. My two cents.

This is about those who own firearms being allowed to carry them at work. No different to you carrying yours at work. It’s that simple.
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

User

I don't think teachers should be " allowed " to carry at school, I dont think anyone should be allowed to carry a firearm.
    I dont think we should live in a world where someone gets to decide that.
    We have a process, training then competencies then purchase then licence then carry.
    I think anyone who has gone through that process should be able to carry where and when they see fit.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Finkelstein View Post
    I went to school at a private school around 1994. We had armed teachers at school, the one male teacher even had his kommando R4 in a safe in his classroom.
    I never felt intimidated by that, but maybe it is because I grew up among people that edc.
    If your child teacher want to kill your little brat- he can at anytime bring a gun/knife/stone to school and do so. The majority of teachers is sane people, lets not forget that.
    Government school a bit before 94. Teachers were occasionally armed (could have been all the timel), R1 by one teacher now and then, 38spcl in a top drawer by another one, etc.
    Way after school I ended up teaching at government institutions. I was always armed.

User

We had armed soldiers patrolling the place back in the day.
    Now we have people pissing about a teacher carrying a firearm for self-defense...

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    We had armed soldiers patrolling the place back in the day.
    Now we have people pissing about a teacher carrying a firearm for self-defense...
    We have GUN OWNERS pissing about teachers being able to carry their self defense firearms to work. I bet the same people bitch like hell if they can’t carry their firearms to work.

No let me rephrase that. We have GUN OWNERS pissing about GUN OWNERS carrying their firearms to work.

User

Quote Originally Posted by CorditeCrazy View Post
    This is about those who own firearms being allowed to carry them at work. No different to you carrying yours at work. It’s that simple.
    I was thinking more in line with tactical training. I understand your point though.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast