Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: From pillar to post with uncertainty

Quote Originally Posted by coolman10177 View Post
    Take training certificates, letters from 3/4 friends/family. with 2 certified copies of your ID, proof of address to your local DFO. You should be able to renew your competency - not this.

I am not sure if your DFO will accept the training certificate that expired in 2016 but the training certificates dont generally expire. IF the DFO doesnt accept the paperwork you will then only need to redo module 117705 (LAW) and then apply for competency
    This...technically your Comp didn't expire, because (technically) it has never applied to a licence which was issued. Buy a gun, and licence it, and then your comp 'kicks in', so to speak. You might get resistance from your DFO because of the date that the comp was issued, but I can't see why they'd refuse. (And definitely do not re-do your proficiency!)

FYI: your unit standards are the correct current unit standards, so Training provider B is lying to you.

User

Training Provider B wants you to provide them with another R1500 or whatever they will charge you for the comp training and testing...

No license has been issued against the comp that you have, and so the reasonable expectation is 10 years, since that IS the longest a comp is valid without renewal. Your comp is valid, because the modules you did and passed are the applicable ones.

Go to a gun shop, put a deposit down on the gun you want, and start your license application. The comp will then be valid from date of issue of your license - another 5 years for S13, and 10 years for S15

The law states that the comp is valid as long as the last license that was issued against that comp.

Hi everyone back again Haha Haha

So since the last we had a breef discussion

I finally came right!!!!!! So just to shed some light a competency(S13) is valid for 10 years as long as no firearm has been issued against it, once a firearm has been issued against it then it will hold for as long as the license is valid(5 years). I bought a firearm got my paperwork together and submitted in September. Today out of curiosity I decided to phone CFR just to find out the status of my application. The gentleman then replied saying it is in for consideration. Atleast some progress, the wait continues I'm thinking maybe next year feb or march possibly who knows. But thanks to everyone who gave some advice I really really appreciate it!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

User

Glad to hear you're making progress!

Quote Originally Posted by JhbBoy View Post
    Glad to hear you're making progress!
    Thank you for the assistance I appreciate it

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

User

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2