Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Banned

Talking Re: Catastrophic hunt - Need some advice.

Quote Originally Posted by akading View Post
    Brenneke,
    Unfortunately no, it is not financially viable to capture the animals as they are trek bokke and will always be trek bokke, which means they are not likely to stay on a farm that they are sold to and neither will they ever get to trophy size which means there is no real incentive for anyone to purchase said animals.
    It would appear to me that there must be some reason that makes a "normal" springbuck a "Trekbok"
    Sort of like "Trekboers"and "Voortrekkers" ( or -- "blybydiehuis" -- or even "draadsitters" )

Perhaps they are the last of that type of springbuck that was a REAL Trekbok -- as in the old days in the Karoo
    Perhaps they still have some of that -- "trekgees" left in them ? not happy to be -- "bywoners"

Seriously -- you need to get hold of one of those animal behaviouralist scientists to look into it.
    For EVERYTHING there is ALWAYS a reason -- even for trekking through the "dorsland" ( read Herman Charles Bosman )
    I am sure Eugene Marais would have had an answer

I apologise -- I am starting to feel some solidarity with these poor outcasts ........

User

Default Re: Catastrophic hunt - Need some advice.

Guys, chill out and listen to old Messor.

It’s easy to look at these animals and think them to be outside of the norm, why, because they don’t act the way you want them to act? No, for every year of my life I have known trekbokke, they are not the exception, they are what nature intended them to be, free.

You put a springbok in camp in which it resides, you put me on the hunt, its ass is grass, I will kill it.
    Trekbokke does not give a hoot, I stalk them in one camp and they move to another.
    What is more pure hunting, a known kill or the chance to escape the inevitable?

People don’t know how to deal with them because they fall outside of our norms and standards.
    I have dealt with them always, they are pure at heart the same way I approach a hunt, I don’t want easy pickings, nor will they give up the ghost without a genuine struggle.

It’s good to have these threads, now you KNOW what some people deal with.
    Some are thrown in at the deep end(the OP for example), but others get to learn, without it some would still ask “what is trekbokke?”.

Increasing your skill set is ALL you can do, so what have you been doing lately?

Spending an awful amount of time doing introspection and reassessing my gear. I will be a LOT more prepared for the next time.

Soon and very Soon.

Banned

Question Re: Catastrophic hunt - Need some advice.

Does anyone in SA have a MOVING target shooting range ?

Quote Originally Posted by Brenneke View Post
    Does anyone in SA have a MOVING target shooting range ?
    I will do you one better soon...

Simulator with moving targets that includes your specific ballistics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

Wink Re: Catastrophic hunt - Need some advice.

Quote Originally Posted by akading View Post
    I will do you one better soon...
    Simulator with moving targets that includes your specific ballistics
    Like at the fairground ?

Pretty much....only better

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7