User

Default Minox ZL3 3.5-10x50 Scope Plex Reticle SFP Black

I would like to know of members who use this type of scope? What is your perception in regards to the Minox brand of scopes? This scope will be on the 6.5 x 55 Swedish Mauser...Opinions and any other suggestions are more than welcome from any member..

It seems the Minox 4-12 x 40 BCD or Duplex reticle is available as well...which one to fit onto the 6.5 x 55 Swedish Mauser??

Default Re: Minox ZL3 3.5-10x50 Scope Plex Reticle SFP Black

I had a Minox Z3 3-9 X 40 on a 30-06. On the scope there was a inscription Wetzlar Germany ( A town known for optic manufacturing) It served me well. I sold it with the rifle.

User

Quote Originally Posted by knipmes View Post
    I had a Minox Z3 3-9 X 40 on a 30-06. On the scope there was a inscription Wetzlar Germany ( A town known for optic manufacturing) It served me well. I sold it with the rifle.
    Knipmes, thank you for your reply..I just bought the Minox 4-12 x 40 Plex I am sure it is a great product...
    https://www.minox-usa.com/riflescopes/zl3-line

User

Gert,
    Minox has been making cameras for a long time, their first model was the miniaturized "spy camera" introduced in 1936, really innovative and clever. They've had plenty of experience with lenses over the years.
    I looked through a mate's Minox scope not so long ago and was seriously impressed.
    I would be confident that yours is a good buy.
    Rod

User

Quote Originally Posted by Rodrage View Post
    Gert,
    Minox has been making cameras for a long time, their first model was the miniaturized "spy camera" introduced in 1936, really innovative and clever. They've had plenty of experience with lenses over the years.
    I looked through a mate's Minox scope not so long ago and was seriously impressed.
    I would be confident that yours is a good buy.
    Rod
    Rod, good to hear from you again...yes, I looked through a Minox dangerous game rifle scope a few years back and was duly impressed with the clarity of the glass...I have not heard any negative comments about the Minox scopes on any forum I visited.....for the price at least I think it is a good buy as you pointed out...

User

Good, some update in regards to the Minox scope I bought...a friend of mine who is visiting to hunt is bringing the items I bought to SA. He bought the Minox scope for me and send me some info after he received the scope...here is his reply in regards to what the scope looks like :
    Hi Gert,

The Minox scope arrived this morning. I think this will be a very good scope for you for the price you paid. The glass is very bright and clear for a $239 scope. I would say it is every bit as bright and clear as my $400-$600 leupold and vortex scopes. I think I will probably buy a Minox 3-9x40 for the 30-06 I am building.