Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: The kwesbok that wasn't... (and a proud dad moment)!

Well done

User

Ah, now I see, now the roast of pblaauw can begin.

Kills need confirming, if not it results in missing animals or days spent tracking wounded animals.

Look it's not Friday so it's not make fun of the 6.5 guys day, you learned and that is all that needed to happen.

Good thread.

User

Ai tog..geluk met jou bokke, die feit dat jy die jag stop om jou bokke te herwin sę baie!! Welgedaan..en ja 'n Creedmoor spring wel as jy die skoot vat.

User

Your mistake was not letting your daughter do the shooting from the start....😋
    Mistakes happen. I was proud of my long standing record of never losing/wounding an animal, but that changed last year. Luckily you recovered all of them.

User

Quote Originally Posted by pblaauw View Post
    Read again, 1st ewe was tracked and shot in the head, 2nd one found in grass..
    Ja, apologies, I misread that as the shot to the head also going too far back when she moved. It's Sunday evening, my clever is switched off!

This moving thing remains my biggest gripe with LOOONG shots (your story not included in such a shot, but used as illustrating example): It takes approximately 1/3rd of a second for a bullet to get to 250m. If the animal just starts moving as you take a shot (say at 1m/s) that bullet is going to hit 33cm off-target.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    It takes approximately 1/3rd of a second for a bullet to get to 250m. If the animal just starts moving as you take a shot (say at 1m/s) that bullet is going to hit 33cm off-target.
    This is a very good way of illustrating your point, Pirate.

User

Normally they whistle for the springbok to stand still...still will see if it works for me next year...
    Nice to have a daughter who hunts with her Father, it is really great..makes for great, great memories..It is still one type of hunt I really want to do is a "voorsit jag" I think it is a nice experience..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2