Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 41 to 47 of 47
  1. #41
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    2,747

    Default Re: Price of a "custom" rifle.

    Without starting a new thread, what does an action go for, just the action without the barrel. I know its an open question, but starting or approximate values would be appreciated.

  2. #42
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Witbank
    Age
    54
    Posts
    3,519

    Default Re: Price of a "custom" rifle.

    Quote Originally Posted by Antlion View Post
    Without starting a new thread, what does an action go for, just the action without the barrel. I know its an open question, but starting or approximate values would be appreciated.
    Mauser 98 action standard-hunting rifle action R3500-5000, Granite Mountain Mauser copy action different sizes R 8000 -R15000 then you still have to permanent import it that will cost you a pretty penny extra...
    BAT/STILLER / Barnard action R14000- R20000 target actions , some brands you have to import, some has retailers already in South Africa, most of companies do not sell to private individual in another country....
    https://www.gunafrica.co.za/classifi...s-actions.html

  3. #43
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    55 02'08" N 7 38'44"W
    Posts
    886

    Default Re: Price of a "custom" rifle.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gert Odendaal View Post
    Mauser 98 action standard-hunting rifle action R3500-5000, Granite Mountain Mauser copy action different sizes R 8000 -R15000 then you still have to permanent import it that will cost you a pretty penny extra...
    BAT/STILLER / Barnard action R14000- R20000 target actions , some brands you have to import, some has retailers already in South Africa, most of companies do not sell to private individual in another country....
    https://www.gunafrica.co.za/classifi...s-actions.html
    Gert, a Granite Mountain arms barreled action is $5000 so R70 000 prior to import tax etc. i have spoken to them personally.

  4. #44

    Default Re: Price of a "custom" rifle.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gert Odendaal View Post
    Mauser 98 action standard-hunting rifle action R3500-5000, Granite Mountain Mauser copy action different sizes R 8000 -R15000 then you still have to permanent import it that will cost you a pretty penny extra...
    BAT/STILLER / Barnard action R14000- R20000 target actions , some brands you have to import, some has retailers already in South Africa, most of companies do not sell to private individual in another country....
    https://www.gunafrica.co.za/classifi...s-actions.html
    Gert you are way under price, if I can get a Bat action for R20k It will be a huge bargain.
    https://www.za.bulletcentral.com/pro...ons-receivers/


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #45
    User
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,364

    Default Re: Price of a "custom" rifle.

    Yoh!
    Do they come gold or silver plated at that price?

  6. #46
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    55 02'08" N 7 38'44"W
    Posts
    886

    Default Re: Price of a "custom" rifle.

    Quote Originally Posted by BBT View Post
    Yoh!
    Do they come gold or silver plated at that price?
    That is the cheap part to a custom action, the plating.

  7. #47
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Witbank
    Age
    54
    Posts
    3,519

    Default Re: Price of a "custom" rifle.

    Quote Originally Posted by Finkelstein View Post
    That is the cheap part to a custom action, the plating.
    Thank you for correcting me, Finkelstein, yes, it is tragic that we have a situation where an item is not really that expensive..it is our absurdly weak rand currency that makes it this expensive...for example, I really want to do my part to support our local business , buying a barrel from them for a building project ....it is just too expensive...buying it from the USA ensures I can afford it..but items like actions really is in another class when you want to buy from abroad since it has to be imported via a company ...it really is still cheaper to buy a second hand rifle that can be a donor for your custom rifle...this is what the average American hunter doing now, when they want to have a double rifle , they buy a good quality side by side shot gun like a Simson or Westley Richards or Holland and Holland in a 16 ga or 20 ga and build a double on it...not the bells/whistles/gold plating version but still a good option if you really have to have a double rifle..there are many ways to skin a cat..

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •