Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Which IWB holster from Geoff

Hi guys

I want to get an IWB holster from Geoff Carter. For a Glock 19. No idea which one though?

Have love handles and a bit of a boep.

Currently have a cytac IWB. Only been EDC'ing for 4 weeks now. So still learning and looking for a good fit.

If possible show a pic or placement.

Thanks all.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Default Re: Which IWB holster from Geoff

I have one with the standard clip and it’s IWB and then I have the IWB with the 2 soft loops.

I find the loops a lot better in terms of the way it secures and u more guaranteed that the holster won’t be coming out with your fA if you should draw under stress .

Just my experience and 2c.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember a decent belt...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Heino13 View Post
    Remember a decent belt...

What constitutes a decent belt?

User

Rigidity, suitable weight bearing buckle system

User

Look at the Cobra belt at Daniels Holsters and the Badger belt from Hailstorm. Those are two good examples.

User

Would you want to carry appendix or strong side 4/5 o clock?
    Belt is very important for comfort and concealment. Like above look at the cobra (daniels), army ant (dave sheer), CR speed (dave sheer) in my opinion and what I have tested. Also depends on your dress code as the cobra, CR speed is very tactical and the army ant is quite formal

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bomag View Post
    Would you want to carry appendix or strong side 4/5 o clock?
    Belt is very important for comfort and concealment. Like above look at the cobra (daniels), army ant (dave sheer), CR speed (dave sheer) in my opinion and what I have tested. Also depends on your dress code as the cobra, CR speed is very tactical and the army ant is quite formal

Currently carrying more strong side at around 3 o clock. Least udjustment getting in and out of car. Not sure if a better holster will help.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Friedland View Post
    Currently carrying more strong side at around 3 o clock. Least udjustment getting in and out of car. Not sure if a better holster will help.

If that works for you and is comfortable stick to it and train from that position especially from inside a vehicle. I would then suggest a holster that specifically caters for that position for example a hybrid pancake style holster that distributes the weight equally so that the kydex doesn’t dig into those hips. Not everyone’s favorite choice but I found the Alien gear shape shift pancake holster to work the best in that position, I know army ant gear also makes a similar holster. I carried in that position for roughly 6-8 months until I started training alot then I moved to appendix as it offers alot more advantages in my opinion.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bomag View Post
    If that works for you and is comfortable stick to it and train from that position especially from inside a vehicle. I would then suggest a holster that specifically caters for that position for example a hybrid pancake style holster that distributes the weight equally so that the kydex doesn’t dig into those hips. Not everyone’s favorite choice but I found the Alien gear shape shift pancake holster to work the best in that position, I know army ant gear also makes a similar holster. I carried in that position for roughly 6-8 months until I started training alot then I moved to appendix as it offers alot more advantages in my opinion.

Thanks for the advice.

Appendix carry is something I want to do, but need to loose a bit of weight first

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast