Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Banned

Default Re: Which IWB holster from Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by Friedland View Post
    Thanks for the advice.

Appendix carry is something I want to do, but need to loose a bit of weight first

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    You don't need to worry that much about having a beer boep, you can lift the boep, holster the gun then let the boep roll over the gun. Perfect concealment

User

Quote Originally Posted by BBT View Post
    You don't need to worry that much about having a beer boep, you can lift the boep, holster the gun then let the boep roll over the gun. Perfect concealment
    Whahahhahahha

Might not find the gun again

User

Quote Originally Posted by Friedland View Post
    Thanks for the advice.

Appendix carry is something I want to do, but need to loose a bit of weight first

I also have a boep and love handles and was put off from Appendix carry for a long time because of perceptions. That is untill I bit the bullet and bought a dedicated AIWB holster (QC Chameleon V2 with claw and C-loops). Even with boep and all amazingly comfortable and conceals extremely well (even more/better than hip IWB). I wear it with a sturdy leather Ross Gun Belt (bought from Jizni) and, even with IWB magazine tucked in there as well was able to drop one pant size with AIWB without losing weight. The thing that I enjoy most about the AIWB carry though is that you don't need to torque your belt as much to keep everything in place and feeling securely as with hip IWB carry.

Don't let the thin guys have all the fun with AIWB. Take the leap and let your light shine.

User

Quote Originally Posted by GORBY View Post
    I also have a boep and love handles and was put off from Appendix carry for a long time because of perceptions. That is untill I bit the bullet and bought a dedicated AIWB holster (QC Chameleon V2 with claw and C-loops). Even with boep and all amazingly comfortable and conceals extremely well (even more/better than hip IWB). I wear it with a sturdy leather Ross Gun Belt (bought from Jizni) and, even with IWB magazine tucked in there as well was able to drop one pant size with AIWB without losing weight. The thing that I enjoy most about the AIWB carry though is that you don't need to torque your belt as much to keep everything in place and feeling securely as with hip IWB carry.

Don't let the thin guys have all the fun with AIWB. Take the leap and let your light shine.
    Excellent info. Thanks

User

The problem with an AIWB and a ‘boep’ is how fast you can get to your FA. I’ve seen guys struggling with it and the bigger the ‘overhang’ the worse it gets. I have no experience in this as I still have my six pack, so this is purely an observation.

User

Quote Originally Posted by WCC View Post
    The problem with an AIWB and a ‘boep’ is how fast you can get to your FA. I’ve seen guys struggling with it and the bigger the ‘overhang’ the worse it gets. I have no experience in this as I still have my six pack, so this is purely an observation.
    Faster than "struggling" to get it from the hip. As with all things needs regular practice (not just standing on range, but also seated, in car, etc). Us fat guys find our own ways to work around it just like the thin guys do (we have perseverance because we were not born with these boeps and had to work hard to get and maintain them).

User

Faster than "struggling" to get it from the hip. As with all things needs regular practice (not just standing on range, but also seated, in car, etc). Us fat guys find our own ways to work around it just like the thin guys do (we have perseverance because we were not born with these boeps and had to work hard to get and maintain them).
    LOL

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Nothing wrong with Geoff's holsters. I have used them and they sturdy, well made, great on retention of firearm etc. For IWB carry they were too hard and uncomfartable for my liking. Maybe he is making something with padding recently in the likes of MTac or Old Faithfull etc, not sure. But the IWB I bought about 5-6 years ago is lying in a cupboard somewhere or I gave it away (Was for Sig P226), cannot remember. If he has a model with padding available, then great. Let me also know then so that I can get one of those.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2