Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: .308 advice and discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Nic View Post
    Hello Dimitri

Thank you for your wonderful response.
    Can you by any chance recommend which type/s of shooting sticks i should buy? bi-pod or tri-pod? 2 or 3 legs?
    Any advice will help.. Brand, type, where to buy etc.
    Do you normally let the tracker carry your sticks for you when you are walking through the bushveld?
    I have been using the same set of Bog Gear shooting sticks for more than 12 years. I can highly recommend them though I have no idea who stocks them now. I had bought mine from Zimbi in Pretoria if I recall. I use the tripod sticks and they provide a very stable platform and are easily adjustable. Primos tripods have been advertised extensively and perhaps there is someone who can comment on the quality of those. Many PHs make their own sticks - 3 straight sticks and some leather strips or rubber to hold them together near one end.

I mostly hunt alone so I am perfectly used to carrying my own sticks. When I do hunt with a guide they normally offer to carry the sticks which I am also fine with.

I've used Primos Trigger sticks and they work very well! Nice to be adjust so quickly from standing to sitting and the build seems quality. The Ram version I believe is not good.

But you need to learn to shoot and practice off sticks to become proficient.

Banned

Luke, you ask a whole bunch of questions.

Some advice: read through the sticky and other threads. Basically all the guidelines are explained in detail.

Buy the best you can afford, but buy for your specific purpose.

If you reload, remember that your rifle's twist rate generally determines the weight of bullet you can shoot accurately .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2