Thread: Douglasdale DFO

Default Douglasdale DFO

Hi

Does anyone know if you need an appointment or can you just go to the dfo? Also do these guys only work weekdays during certain hours? Going to be so difficult to get the wife to take off for an in person interview.

Any other tips etc that douglasdale dfo might have as it seems each have their own rules.

This would be for an initial competency.

Default Re: Douglasdale DFO

Seems every DFO is different.
    I would call to make an appointment.

I didn't need my references to come in, a letter was sufficient. Needed to contain:

Full name
    ID number
    Address
    Age (yes, this was needed)
    Relationship to me
    Contact details
    Date written

User

My buddy uses Douglasdale. The last I heard is that they wanted his wife there.

User

I have never needed an appointment at Douglasdale. Handed in an app around a month ago.

When I did my shotgun and rifle competencies 2 or so years ago I brought in letters from my references and supplied contact details. I don't know if that process has changed now though.

Quote Originally Posted by keru01 View Post
    Hi

Does anyone know if you need an appointment or can you just go to the dfo? Also do these guys only work weekdays during certain hours? Going to be so difficult to get the wife to take off for an in person interview.

Any other tips etc that douglasdale dfo might have as it seems each have their own rules.

This would be for an initial competency.
    Currently "walk in" for license apps, so would assume the same for competency. When I went a few years back, my wife went with so they could interview her personally, they phoned my other references, so make sure details are correct, Go early, they open at 08H00, and you should be done by 09H00. In addition to the SAPS form, take 2 copies of your ID, Copies of your wife's ID, proof of residence, statement of results and relevant training certificates, all certified. 2 passport sized color photos with your name and ID written on the back of each. If theres no problem, youll be sent to do fingerprints and pay the R70 fee, take exact amount as sometimes theyr out of change.

Thanx for the advice guys, everything is ready to go on monday but my wife most likely wont get off to go for the interview, i hope they can just call the references, if not then my app is stuffed.