Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Biting the bullet

So yesterday, after some consideration, I decided to buy a P07. NWK has a great special on at the moment for R7999. I really hope the licencing process goes smooth.

I was not too clever when I did my proficiency training years ago, and have only done shotgun and rifle. Want to kick my own ass now as I am effectively putting myself back about 4 months. Only positive is that it doesn't look like I need to line up interviewees for a further competency, so hope that it speeds up the process of only by a few days.

I guess another positive will be having additional time to research holsters and save up a bit. Feel free to recommend your most comfortable carry position and holster. So far I had a look at the alien gear IWB 4.0, expensive but seems to be a good option especially with it being able to 'shapeshift' love the idea of the car setup...

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Biting the bullet

Oh no. What “car setup” is this. Don’t tell me it’s where you mount the holster somewhere other than your waistline.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Oh no. What “car setup” is this. Don’t tell me it’s where you mount the holster somewhere other than your waistline.
    It is, yes.
    I must admit that I have a shitload to learn, and from your comment I assume its a crappy idea?

User

It is. Just keep the gun safely on your body in a quality holster, and get some training in fighting in and around vehicles

Banned

The trouble with a car mount is that the gun gets dislodged when the other car rams into you.

Carry AIWB if you can. It is worth the trouble.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    It is. Just keep the gun safely on your body in a quality holster, and get some training in fighting in and around vehicles
    Thanks for the input. Will need lots of training from inside the vehicle, the safety belt does feel as if it may be a major obstacle.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    The trouble with a car mount is that the gun gets dislodged when the other car rams into you.

Carry AIWB if you can. It is worth the trouble.
    AIWB is a definite consideration. What about 5 or 6 o'clock? Are they more uncomfortable when sitting down (office/car/couch) than AIWB?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Antonie_Pienaar View Post
    AIWB is a definite consideration. What about 5 or 6 o'clock? Are they more uncomfortable when sitting down (office/car/couch) than AIWB?
    Carrying SOB (small of back aka 6 o'clock) is really unwise. That is, unless you can conceal really well. The trouble with the position is that almost anyone can grab the gun before you are able to react.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    Carrying SOB (small of back aka 6 o'clock) is really unwise. That is, unless you can conceal really well. The trouble with the position is that almost anyone can grab the gun before you are able to react.
    That, and if you ever manage to fall on your back, intentionally or not, you are likely to sustain a serious spinal injury.

User

Thanks for the valuable info so far. Stuff I haven't thought about, and probably wouldn't have..

How much does the type of holster influence comfort? Leather vs kydex for example, or is it much about personal preference?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast