Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Antonie_Pienaar View Post
    How much does the type of holster influence comfort? Leather vs kydex for example, or is it much about personal preference?
    Every EDCer has a tray or box full of holsters, and one holster that gets used 80-95% of the time.

There are a few things to consider, but personal preference and your wallet play a big role.

My personal preference is for leather, simply because it is softer and forms to the body. I do not like plastic on my skin. I also stitch my own leather holsters, which helps.

But: there are thousands of very happy kydex users proving me wrong every day One of the perks of kydex is very good weapon retention.

Get holsters dedicated to a specific position. An IWB holster worn AIWB is truly troublesome and vice versa.

It is not necessary to buy an imported product. There are enough top quality local products available.

Your first exercise should be to figure out where you want to carry your firearm.

Default Re: Biting the bullet

So yesterday, after some consideration, I decided to buy a P07. NWK has a great special on at the moment for R7999. I really hope the licencing process goes smooth.

I was not too clever when I did my proficiency training years ago, and have only done shotgun and rifle. Want to kick my own ass now as I am effectively putting myself back about 4 months. Only positive is that it doesn't look like I need to line up interviewees for a further competency, so hope that it speeds up the process of only by a few days.

I guess another positive will be having additional time to research holsters and save up a bit. Feel free to recommend your most comfortable carry position and holster. So far I had a look at the alien gear IWB 4.0, expensive but seems to be a good option especially with it being able to 'shapeshift' love the idea of the car setup...

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk
    Antonie here’s my 2cent.
    I have had a handgun for many years but never did EDC because i could not stand how uncomfortable it was for me.

But once i tried a sticky holster i NEVER go without EDC. It works for me because it has good trigger cover. It also works well as i am a lefty, so it sits in any position and comfortable for many applications ( bakkie, car and tractor )

As for the car setup, that would never work for me as i would probably have a tendency to momentarily forget it when getting out of the bakkie. So i am very weary of that setup.

But as Ds J said you will probably end up with a box of holsters and it comes down to personal preferences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Go to Jizni's sight and buy an Ross Leather IWB MV1 (P-07) @ R425.00

User

How much does the type of holster influence comfort?
    A lot. But remember that a carry gun should be comforting first. Comfortable comes second.

Leather vs kydex for example, or is it much about personal preference?
    Personal preference is lagely based on your personal knowledge and experience. That is supposed to develop and grow over time, so your choices will change. Technology changes over time too. Lots of old hands still swear by their trusted leather holsters, while kydex has long replaced it as the material of choice for IWB holsters.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2